Wednesday, March 7

The Voice

When I was much younger, I admire most of my friends who can sing very well. I have a crush on this girl I met in the university and it was always so great to hear her sing. I cried during her wedding not because I didn't get her but because I was happy for her.


My mom was a singer and according to my grandma, she was the best among the siblings. I love belting Celine Dion and being my mom's back up singing Abba and Whitney Houston's most famous songs. She doesn't sing anymore and we had not sang together for some years now and I miss it.


When I went on theatre, the people I were did not even know that I can sing. Not that I am good at it, but I have a good timbre in my voice of which some people enjoy listening. I enjoyed singing songs when I was cast in the play "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" and I made a name in my former school.


In two different occasions, I was invited to do karaoke singing by two different people who had no idea I sing. When I grabbed the mic to sing songs from Les Miserables and Rent, they were so surprised and I was laughing inside for their reactions.


But the best moment where I shined was when I was asked to sing on stage in a small restaurant and I chose to sing Hero by Mariah Carey. Right before I ended, some ladies requested some songs for me to sing and the last one was La Bamba where they moved the tables and danced the night away. It was fun and I was so proud of myself.


Watching The Voice gives me goosebumps and a hinge of jealousy and regret for not doing what I should have done, that is, to hone my talent and share them to others. However, I still bring music in my life by teaching it to young children either in my regular class, music and drama classes. In a way, I feel alive!

2 comments:

  1. To do list:
    1. Videoke session with Phi Jon.

    weeeeeeeee! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. To buy list:
    1. Earplugs for Nong Poi.

    :)

    ReplyDelete