Sunday, April 8

As Tall As Can Be


Pressure looms the weary spirit
of doubts and disappointments.
Like gossamer of sticky webs
far from freeing detachment. 

Perhaps the living and giving
that permeates my existence
Was not with fruitful costs
but futile and weary subsistence.

For not only in growing with
unfairness and rejection.
Through love and friendship too
failing, failed, dissolution.

What with my jaded quest 
to seek answers to my questions.
The why's and what's of
fervour, waiting for extinction.

So goes life's ups and downs
a roller coaster ride perilous
Watchful eyes and worrisome
each and every day's emulous.

As tall and proud I wish to continue
to see sunshine amidst the dark.
The sadly grave of which I make
is the only way my path shall embark.

No comments:

Post a Comment