Thursday, April 19

Talking to Someone

In my current situation where all things seem to be failing: family, relationship, and career, my blog becomes my punching bag of sort. It is where I lay my frustrations about the money problems we have at home, my on and off friendships with people, and my ever challenging teaching workplace. The blog becomes my companion.


Of course it never talks back. The computer and it's keyboard become our bridge. It types in the letters I punch on the keyboard. It deletes what I don't want to share or words I shouldn't be saying. It facilitates my thoughts from my brain to the screen. And then it vividly stays in the blog for me to revisit.


It is a constant monologue as I have no audience. It is like sharing a secret while knowing that someone might discover it later. My blog becomes an avid listener or maybe to use a better term, a purveyor of words, stories perhaps, of old and new, of my inner thoughts and stealthy desires. And unlike a friend or a colleague, it will never answer me back. 


Though I cannot get an answer from it as I search for answers, nor a pat on the back for a deserving accomplishment, I will not cease. I will eventually put my blog to rest when I have nothing to share. This is my outlet, my refuge, and my friend. 

2 comments:

  1. I stopped writing for now since I got sick, got too busy, then felt the connection lost with the blog. i write for myself, not for any readers, but somehow it lost life.

    But nonetheless, the avenue may have been put on a hold, those friendships made with it remained outside the online world.

    Never think the wind won't answer back when you whisper your woes. Angels do come by in all sorts of form to answer a simple call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very profound.

    Do not stop writing because you have the gift. Give yourself a break and I know that after a few days, inspiration will come. God bless!

    ReplyDelete