Friday, August 2

Shall We Sing, J.Lo?

Art and art appreciation rank high on my list. Walking in museums give me a sense of belonging as well as meeting the artists.  While I make notes of things I see, I also wanted to peek into the lives of the artists and one person I was privileged to meet was Jessica.

I am a fan of this person because of the way she projects herself in her blog. Her motto for one captured my ongoing doubt on my capability as an artist. “Sali lang ng sali.” (Never give up joining.) I was a big follower when she was housing at blogspot until she moved home. Her new house is still filled with art and her quest for her dreams. A noble and beautiful lady, she projects positive vibes all throughout. 

Panoramic View of Baguio (the view where the coffee shop is)
We met at a coffee shop inside a huge mall in Baguio. She was very shy and was speaking in a soft voice when we started conversing while queueing to order some food and drinks. Our short talks were about bloggers, her studies, her passion in painting, and some of her experiences in the blogging world. 

After some light snacks, we left to do a bit of walking which actually meant we were headed towards the karaoke section of the mall. We wanted to sit with the people, as suggested by Asiong32, but we opted to stay in a small booth so that only the three of us will hear our voices, or lack of them.

credits: www.clker.com

I was given the honour to start singing which was a Broadway rendition of Les Miserables' On My Own. I sang with fear of creating a monstrous storm. The rain that gushes outside must be a sign that I need to let the younger people do the singing and I did.

Jessica sang next and though her voice wasn't as loud as how other karaoke people belt their songs out, it was a song of love and it came from her heart. I was mesmerized by her voice, sweet and tangy, just right to soothe the ears, unlike the loud music blurting from the two men singing in public, sans the correct diction. It was a love song and I knew that it was for someone and I am happy for her. Love at a young age, ahhh, so sweet!

Asiong32's voice compelled us to cheer and clap incessantly as he sang songs that probably inspired his life. His was a golden voice coupled with real emotions and great intensity. I was dumbfounded listening to my two companions. I was eaten alive! It was like sitting and turning my chair to two wonderful artists, me being Lea Salonga.

I better tell moi blogger friends since I don't twit or post FB status: "I'm doing karaoke singing with Asiong32 and Jessica. It's so much fun!"

50's Diner
credits: pinkyparra.com

Our walk around Session Road and its vicinity gave
me an opportunity to know her better.  Jovial since minute one, she was a very good conversationalist, minus the shyness. Unmindful of where we were heading, both companions showed me the infamous 50's Diner where we sat for dinner and more stories. 



"Shall we dance this time, J. Lo?"



After a sumptuous meal, we dropped Jessica near her house and we  had our photographs taken under the light post.  The eerie darkness but serene surrounding were like a canvas for the short meet. A warm hello but a sad goodbye, painted on the minds of three bloggers. 




I found many interesting artworks in Baguio but never a precious painting filled with life, dreams, and hopes. Jessica is an ongoing masterpiece of art, a real beauty perceived by the eyes. Many thanks for that great adventure!




Jessica is one of the artists. Please visit.

24 comments:

  1. sayang nung time na nasa Baguio ako si Jessica naman ay nasa manila ahaha. walang video? ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walang video ahahaha! Buti nga kumanta pa kami o sila pala. Hayaan mo, mahilig ka pala sa karaoke, nabasa ko sa old posts mo, tayo ay magkakaraoke next time. Anim na piso isang kanta, ang pumiyok, siya magbabayad.

    Yan ang hindi mo ginawa sa Baguio, i meet ang mga artists. So next time isama mo ako para may partner in crime ako. Kain tayo sa Oh My Gulay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely go sa event ni JLo dito sa Manila... Nag-commit na ako... next time damihan pa natin ang mami-meet mong bloggers ha... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha trip ko lang po ang kumanta kanta sa videoke di ako magaling kumanta ahahaha...

    Sure masarap ang pagkain doon. Gusto ko nga bumalik doon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really laughing and feeling so happy for all of you when I received that text.

    Parang nai-imagine ko kayong bumibirit. At oo nga bakit walang video? Sample! Sample! ha ha

    Pretty and talended talaga yang si Jlo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, nagkantahan pala kayo... Nice bonding moment! Intriguing title ha, Shall We Sing, J.Lo? (You've met an artist & singer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naks naman! Last time na pumunta kaming Baguio, last year ata yon, di ko pa kilala si Jessica. :) It's really nice to meet blogger friends in person. Perhaps we could meet as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made me teary eyed when you described Jessica. Such a kind and loving heart you have seeing the beauty inside and out of a person. Hope I can meet her too one day.
    The karaoke time made me smile. Kung ako kakanta dyan ay baka dumating ang hurricane to sweep the place para wala na makarinig ng boses ko:)).
    I am so happy for your meetings with the famous bloggers:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ senyor - great at makikita mo na siya. You better schedule it na nanduon siya, maybe at the opening. Six is a good number to meet, dahil kung saan saan pa sila galing. I prefer one on one kaya matatagalan pa makarami since I am only in the country once a year. Ikaw ang mag meet tapos pakilala mo na lang ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ rix - sige punta tayo tapos kanta rin tayo duon sa common area para maraming audience, ha,ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Ms. Balut - thank you for reminding me to meet Jessica. It was a blast! I was so excited when we started singing I had to share at mabuti naman nahawa kayo sa big smiles namin. Oo nga sa excitement, walang nag video. Next time na lang, magdadala kami ng tripod.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ric - heaven sent! The camaraderie was phenomenal that reminsicing them right now pains me. Anyway, memories are built by doing these we enjoy and I am so glad for that day. Kinuha ko yung title from the movie Shall We Dance starring J. Lo, which was being shown while I was riding the bus from Baguio to Manila. Baka pag tayo ang mag meet, mega drowing tayo niyan, ha,ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ pao - we will meet. Naisip kita since I wanted to do Cavite, Rizal and Laguna pero dahil umigsa ang bakasyon, hanggang anim lang ang nabisita ko. Hayaan mo sa susunod, daan ako diyan dahil hindi ko pa nakita ang Laguna, puro lang hot springs blah, blah...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ ms. Joy - hindi puwedeng mag kape lang tayo o kumain, we have to sing. Kahit puro gospel songs pa yan since I sing in the choir before, love ko yan! When I met the bloggers, I saw many positive things in them I wanted to blog about. I was immensely blessed for the opportunities to see and meet them in person. Since friend ko na kayo, Ms. Norway, puwede niyo na sabihing when kayo babalik ng Pinas so we can meet. Thank you po!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know what to say... haha! I'm speechless, and so much touched sa nabasa ko... hihihi.

    um at first, super shy po talaga ako sayo, pero as i get to know you more kuya, mjo comfortable na po... i'm really so touched i met you, mabait and loving friend.

    I tought the whole time kasama ko po kayo ni kuya asiong, i'm imaginging baka maging shy lang ako, pero hindi pala... super galing talaga ni kuya asiong kumanta, sana madiscover, haha! and ikaw din po :))))

    I'm so blessed meeting you kuya,'til next time ulit, thank you for sharing the poster, i miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Jessica,

    Salamat muli. Alam ko namang shy ka so we try to make you feel at home. I really enjoyed my stay in Baguio, secondary lang ung pasyal. I wanted to see you both. Buti na nga lang kilala ka ni Asiong para mas mabilis kang mameet. Ayan, andami mo nang fans! Buti ka pa!

    Kumanta ako para kumanta kayo pero grabe hindi kokinaya ang super powers ninyo. Artist na artist talaga: painting, sketching, photography, writing, singing, teaching and others. Complete packages tayo, yabang ko, nakisali lungs.

    Alam mo, sobrang lungkot dahil naaalala ko lahat ng taong nameet ko diyan sa Filipinas. Hindi sana maging memories lang ang lahat, sana may karugtong pa ang aking adventures with all of you. Miss you too and good luck muli sa art exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. jessica, when will you be here in manila? I'd love to meet you too :D

    sir jonathan, i can definitely say that you really had a good time in Baguio :D Hanggang sa muli.. Sana talga ikaw naman ang mabisita namin jan.

    ReplyDelete
  18. she's one of the precious blogger i've always wanted to see,
    i like her and i adore her craft and the way you describe her that's how i visualize her

    ReplyDelete
  19. @ yccos - sobra as in super sobra, kaya nga ako umiyak sa bus pabalik. Anyway, I will see you and the rest of the PBOers in one of the big events.

    Please come to Bangkok and I will show you around. We will not be doing singing or teaching but eating and walking.

    Ikaw na ang susunod na post. Yan na ang comment ko sa posting mo about my visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ MEcoy - she will be attending the art exhibit where she is one of the artists so make sure to attend. She is a lovely lady and a treasure to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Naks! Nag videoke pla kayo ni JLo! Sir ang dami mong na meet ah! It's a good feeling to see the face behind the blog. Kaya agree ako kay Senyor! Damihan natin ang mga nami meet na mga bloggers! haha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Mar,

    Adventure series kasi so on a personal basis yung meet ups. Marami pa akong gustong i meet pero 10 days lang ang vacation ko sa Pinas. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I meet mo rin ako next time ah! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sure. Punta na lang ako diyan, hahaha. Meet tayo in one of the big events of PBO.

    ReplyDelete