Wednesday, October 9

No More Sunset, Just Sunrise

Rayong, Thailand
"And I always thought that the sun rises and that it sets, never thought that it is the world that moves..."


I am approaching the sunset of my life because I am feeling it. It is knocking the doors and if ever I will open it, the consequences of this acceptance will manifest its presence.

Long time ago, I thought that life is sweet and all filled with joy. Growing up had their ups and downs but it was mostly the challenging parts of living that made me a person. Of all that were to face, life became a struggle to belong, to be appreciated and to be loved.

I had fallen in and out of love many times but they all ended in regrets. I used to want someone rather than need. I used to long for things but gave no effort to work for them. I always dream but had never done any to achieve them. I lived in fear, always wanting to be in my comfort zone. Then one day, I wanted to escape.

So when I dared moved out from all the unfairness, I realized that the world was no different from the small space I used to lived in. The world is filled with wisdom yet it is also home for intrigues, troubles, and deceits. Leaving my place of solace, the place where I ended up became my prison. Though I freed myself from my sad plight, I became sadder. I built bars that is now trapping my body and entered a glass jar that is trapping my soul.

Toiling to survive with meaningless existence, true love never showed its presence. This is not regrettable since it was a choice but the endless struggles to belong, to be received as a person and having good intentions for others fell short of people's expectations. I am tired of walking. I am to give up.

The sunset is about to come and I will embrace it with acceptance since there is no other way to do so. But if this sunset is just a preview of what's to transpire next, then I am asking to extend the sunrise so that I can gather more achievements in life, whether for myself or for others. If I will be able to extend the days of sunlight, then I will still bring glory to whatever I do and continue to be a better person for myself and for my family and friends. If the sunset of my life will make itself pause, then whatever I need to fulfill will be done today, now.

And for this revelation, a number of people both friends and acquaintances, gave their share of where I should be heading. 

"We're here for a purpose." - Josh

"Please do not wish for it. If it's time, it's time." - Geosef

"To know our purpose, we should ask the Creator." - Overthinker

"Enjoy your life and seek God." - Ms. Joy

"You still have a purpose that's why you're alive and kicking!" - Fiel

"You are lacking a piece of your life's puzzle. Go and find it!" - Ms. Balut

"You are still alive for a purpose." - Yccos

"Like you, I am ready to go but still with one more thing to accomplish." - Rix

"I hope we can realize the best missions in life for another chapter." - Ric

"Some of us really get caught at the same point you're in." - Olivr

"Each day we live is an opportunity for us to be a better person, to serve other and love God." - Jossie

"You are so blessed to have been able to do much and I am sure you will receive many more blessings not only for your own accomplishment but for you to be able to give more." - Pen

"Always think of a glass half full rather than half empty. It gave me a totally different perspective in life and hopefully upon reflection make you feel not "tired" but enthusistic of what lies ahead in life." - Ely

"I am your silent follower, reading your blog and wishing you are doing great." - Aboutambot

"When life gives you free stuff, take it and run!" - Diana

So that when the sunset of my life will dawn on my existence, then I can smile and be proud of all the work and support to the underprivileged, the people in need, the teachers I mentored, and the children whom I became part of their lives. I can say, I am fulfilled. I can then utter, my work is done.

Thank you for all your kind words.

14 comments:

  1. Awww, sir Jonathan :)

    Hindi mahalaga kung gaano ka katagal nabuhay sa mundo... kung gaano karami ang naipon mong pera... at kung gaano karaming atensyon mula sa mga taong mahal mo ang inyong natanggap. Ang mahalaga ay kung gaano kalaki ang positive vibes na naibahagi mo sa iyong kapwa.

    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

    Cheer up sir, we're all here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pano ba to?
    happiness and contentment is a choice. finding peace in solitude is a choice.

    thank you for taking into your heart our messages to you :) it means a lot to me. finding the right words to comfort others is a bit hard since I am also in struggle of finding my purpose or if im doing something right for myself and others. again thank you. Your efforts of extending your sunrises for others is such a generous thing to do, yet what can i say, you are a very generous person. And sometimes its a thankless effort and sometimes tiring especially when left unappreciated. But as long as we are alive, we push through and continue to do good deeds and kindness and as for you, you continue to inspire a lot of us with your writing, generosity and optimism. Hugs to you Cher Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how it feels.. Ganyan din ako minsan...Pero madalas, a breathe of fresh air lang ang kailangan ko...space (mula sa iba)..... o kaya ibang gawain o kaya ibang scenario. O kaya kakausapin ko ng masinsinan yung nasa itaas! lam mo na!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mr. Fiel,

    The purpose of life is to be useful... checked
    honorable... checked
    compassionate...checked
    make a difference... checked

    puwede na, ha,ha,ha.

    Thank fiel again and again for the great words and presence in my blogging world. I have no friends around me who will speak like what my blogger friends do. This becomes my temple, my abode, of reflection and gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello cher kat,

    Aba may ? mark ka na.

    I see myself in your position as a teacher, the struggles we have, the compensation in terms of money, the work we do, the hours we spend everyday making plans and thinking of ideas, tiring!

    And then we have our personal struggles, family problems, life's challenges and dilemma, and we still go on just like others.

    Though I am much older than the rest, I still learn from the younger people around me and your presence alone makes me think that life is worth for more challenges. Never giving up to achieve greatness to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ric,

    That's why it is good to share our thoughts and feelings because we learn from others too. We realize we are not the only one who carry the world on our shoulders. And to hear from someone who is so positive in life, that days also get grey, is awake up call to me.

    A walk, getting out, meeting friends, and a personal shout out to Him, so many to take these burdens away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly hindi ko sya maintindihan ang lalim ng english pwede laymans term lang po? joke...

    On the serious note, life with out ups and downs is like a patient in the hospital.... if the cardio monitor shows that the reading has ups and downs then it only give us the impresion that the patient is alive because his heart is beating but if it shows straight lines then we know that he is dead because his heart stop beating... Its not easy to live, that is a fact however, we can find ways to make it enjoyable... Keep your heart beating Nathan, madami pa ang mga supresa na hinahanda ang buhay mo para sayo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hala hindi ako updated sa mga kaganapan...hayst... time to backread

    ReplyDelete
  9. Di ko alam if matutuwa ba ako or malulungkot. Ang ganda ng pagkakasulat ng post, pero napaka-heavy ng content. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again Rix sa makabuluhang pagpapaliwanag ng cardio monitor, ha,ha,ha. Joking aside, thanks for the kind words. Mahirap mabuhay, it's for all, so kung sabay sabay dumarating ang alon ng buhay, minsan, one wants to give up. Pero kakayanin yan kaya nga buhay pa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Senyor,

    Oks lang, ka-emo-han lang naman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Geosef,

    Ito siguro yung puwedeng i-skip read dahil sa content. Ngumiti ka na lang gaya ng updated FB pic mo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read this twice and I'm still speechless. It was so beautifully written and yet it still sounded sad.

    The paragraph before the quoted phrases from readers/bloggers seemed like there are hidden meanings... but I am hopeful with the title.

    You're welcome Jonathan. I look forward in reading more sunrise here...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the visiting once again Ms. Balut. Yes, there are so many hidden meanings to what I wrote and if I could write them directly I will do so. However, I prefer to keep them to myself for now.

    Yes, sunrises, sunrises. I am looking forward to a great change, or changes in my life. Out of my comfort zone but with God's help, will try to do so.

    Thanks for the compliments. I find this post one of my best ones.

    ReplyDelete