Saturday, October 12

The Psychology of Yellow

Being Sunday, it was time again to repot and re-arranged the garden and what a magnificent view to behold. The side of the garden is again infused with yellow colours, some reddish and orangey while some in pale yellow. I got hold of my phone and clicked away. The photographs are arranged from the smallest to the biggest I can find around the house. 


Yellow inspires original thought and inquisitiveness.*


Yellow can awaken greater confidence and optimism.*


Yellow is the great communicator and loves to talk.*


Yellow relates to clarity of thought and thinking.*


Yellow is methodical and decisive.*


Yellow has the tendency to make you more critical of self and others.*


Yellow is non-emotional, coming from the head rather than from the heart.*


Yellow is related to the ego and our sense of self-worth, to how we feel about ourselves and how we are perceived by others.*


Although accidental that I have way too much of yellow and without giving a thought of the meanings, it dawned on me of some truth to its interpretations. I must, infused some other colours to my garden starting today. It is like doing the same things over and over and we get bored. It's time to try new things! wink ;) wink ;)

*Credits: http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-yellow.html

22 comments:

  1. Hi, Jonathan! I want to see the rest of your garden.

    I love yellow too, which reminds me to finish sewing the yellow throw pillow covers for my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of reminders Ms. Lili, I have thousands to finish :) Thanks for the visit. I hope to see the forest soon so I can take bigger pictures, not in macro set ups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers Jonathan. I love them. You are very good at gardening too. Nice qoutes too.
    Have a nice Sunday and hug from.me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very bright ng colors... radiant sya kaya parang nakakabuhay ng katawang lupa... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ms. Joy and have a great Sunday too. Thanks for the hug, needed one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rix, sobra sobra kaya parang nakakahilo though they are beautiful kapag sama sama. Hindi pala dapat tinatanim yan sa sementeryo, baka may mabuhay, ha,ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yellow also means Happiness :))

    Mahusay talaga kayong mag-alaga ng halaman sir Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks fiel. Sana nga that this time when everything's blooming, kasama niya ay happiness. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magdagdag ka ng may plants na may blue, pink, red or colors other than yellow para mas makulay yung hardin mo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, why not try new things and be alive again :)

    Yellow, one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahaha uu nga noh, wag kang ganyan malapit na ang undas ahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ish,

    Mayroon naman pero mas prominent nga lang yung mga yellow. Sabay sabay kasing nag-bloom at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Ric,

    Yes, a new beginning, new experiences and new people to meet, kasama ka na diyan. Here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katawa ka talaga Rix. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  15. bilang di ako makatulog, makapag bloghop nga.

    Dilaw!

    Di ko fave ang dilaw pero oo nga, pag may dilaw masaya ang aura ng paligid. Cher Jo, ampunin mo na lang ako, di ako makapagpatubo ng plants, magdidilig na lang ako sa garden mo. Hahaha..

    Your garden is blooming and full of wisdom :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaah yellow! The color of my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi yccos,

    Aba kaya mo yan, kahit ba munggo hindi ka makatubo? Pero oks lang, hindi naman farming and specialty mo, teaching po siya so go lang sa teaching, nurturing minds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Overthinker,

    Dilaw nga ang nakagisnan kong kuwarto. Pinapintahan ng ganyang kulay para raw maging masipag akong mag-aral.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ms. Balut,

    Yehey, so anong ibig sabihin behind your blog colour?

    ReplyDelete
  20. On yellow being the theme colour of my blog - hmn... it wasn't intentional at first. I picked up a free template with a yellow background and I thought it looked pleasing to the eyes. Then I realized yellow is also the color of an egg yolk that somehow fits my blog's name "Balut". LOL but true. From then on I retained yellow as the major color of my blog's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wise, very wise. I probably should also pick the colour of my blog, something that will say about my personality for those who will visit for the first time. Black! He,he,he. Thanks for the explanation Ms. Balut.

    ReplyDelete