Thursday, May 22

Motorcycle Man

"Your old!" 
"Your nice!" 
"I like you so much!"

Children share their most honest impressions about me. Majority tells me that I am funny. Some tells me that I am a grandpa. Others believe I am a hundred years old. There are a handful that thinks that I have a twin brother and he comes to school when I am sick. 

When children grow older, they say different things. I remember a girl asking me if I have children. Another one asked whether I tell my mom about her (knowing all along that my mom is no longer around). Someone asked me recently why I teach and he told me that I teach because I am poor. (God bless his heart.) Another one asked me why my face is ugly. (God bless my heart.) And the most daunting I heard was a girl telling me she doesn't like me (which she does for fun and it does not bother me anymore). 


This young child called Kian drew a picture of me riding a motorbike. He usually sees me on the back of a motorcycle taxi and one day asked me why I don't drive my own car. He added that it is fine to ride a motorbike because it is faster and I don't have to worry about parking. What I like about the picture is that I am smiling and it means that the child sees me as a happy person.


And being happy is my ultimate goal, not riches or wealth. If I could travel more and go places, then I will be happier. If I am accepted as a person, then I am blessed. If I am loved, I am lucky. If I could be a role model to many then I am already fulfilled. 

15 comments:

  1. grandpa talaga sir jo? :)

    "Someone asked me recently why I teach and he told me that I teach because I am poor."
    grabe...

    "...being happy is my ultimate goal, not riches or wealth."
    bilib ako sa iyo sir Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is very inspiring Jonathan! your posts never fail to inspire me. hahaa I find myself smiling as I read this post. How cute is that drawing!I love the last line.

    I admire you Jonathan.

    Now you can add that one in this post haha jk!~ :D

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids!
    They are so blessed to have you! Poor teacher? If only they knew ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ikaw, sir Jo, ang definition nila ng Happiness :))

    Hindi mo ba pwedeng i-share dito yung mga pics ng chikiting? Para naman may idea kami kung anu itsura nila hehe XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ jep,

    Minsan grandpa, minsan dad, minsan teacher, lol! There are always great moments but these remarks or impressions by the children are taken as humour. Eh ano kung mahirap o panget? Paglaki ninyo, kaming mga guro ang dahilan ng inyong tagumpay, tumpak ba?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Cristine,

    Many thanks! I do find these things amusing so blogging them will always remind me of how children are. I am proud to be a teacher, not just an ordinary one but a good one though not great yet. Just tonight, I was invited for dinner as an appreciation of my work for their son. Loving it!

    Sige add ko yung admiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Ms. Balut,

    Yes, poor me and yet in class, we all speak about the countries we visited and the different Disney we had been to, comparing and differentiating them. Comparatively speaking to all my friends from high school, yes, poor po ako.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Fiel,

    Ganda naman ng sagot, nanamnamin ko yan. They actually love coming to school because they get to see me, o di ba, ha,ha,ha.

    Sorry but i cannot share their photographs since I still need to ask for a written consent if ever. But to give you an idea, my students are from the US, Canada, Australia, Spain, Russia, South Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Israel, Vietnam, India ( the one who illustrated the picture), Chile, Portugal, Armenia, Hungary and Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Fiel, the students I mentioned are the students I teach this school year alone, not to mention the others since I became a teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nakakatuwa naman pala ang mga estudyante mo sir jo, parang lahat na ata ng bansa sa mundo ay may naging representative na naging student mo, kaya hindi na ako magtataka isang araw na MAMAHALIN ka ng mundong ito sa darating na panahon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha...grabe ang mga comments ng bata. They can be so brutal at their comments pero at least alam mo na walang malice sa sinasabi nila. Iba kasi ang dating kapag matanda ang nagsabi ng mga comment na iyon sa iyo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jep,

    Yes, there are so many not to mention the past years. Pero mahirap siya, since it takes a lot of courage and determination to be accepted. Maraming bumps along the road pero pag napakita mo na magaling ka, it's another story.

    It is very inspiring to hear it from someone, a friend only in the blogging world, na mamahalin ako ng mundo. Maraming salamat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ish,

    May point ka diyan at kapag matanda ang nagsabi sa iyo, baka masuntok mo. But they are children, if you tell them you are Spiderman, may maniniwala. Like this week, I told them i was bitten by a spider, totoo yan, ay may allergy about sa bites so pantal pantal braso ko and they asked me, 'How come you are not Spiderman yet?" My answer," I wont but I might grow six more legs."

    ReplyDelete
  14. The last paragraph strucked me. And yes, Cher Jo, I see you as one of my wonderful models in life :D I thank the Lord I've come to know you here :D :D You are full of wisdom and humility. Can't wait to spend hours of talking to you when you get here!!!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both funny and nakakasakit na remarks, but they are very lucky having you Jonathan. A man of wisdom and a funny man:)

    ReplyDelete