Wednesday, April 8

Not So Nice 2

Really!
A few weeks ago, a student was unempathetic commenting about my broken foot. This time, a student was asked to visit an activity centre so he could draw his family. He hesitated at first with a resounding no but I still asked him politely to sit with me. After being seated, he looked at me and said, "I'm going to stabbed you with my sword!" I looked at him with no expressions at all and with all patience asked, "Do you think those are good words to say to your teacher?" And so goes my morning in school.

Then, during music class as I was teaching the children to listen to the beat, one of the students blurted, "We know that already!" Of which I challenged her with "Let me see!" And only half of the class can do it, minus that child. That was my afternoon.

During my last tutorial class, I told my student that he doesn't speak like a student anymore. He sounds like a person growing up in the ghetto with his remarks and negative comments. I was saddened by the lost of his childhood manners. He is growing while I am dying, metaphorically speaking.

Throughout one day, there was only one thing running in my mind and it was the resounding subject of rudeness. There will always be one everyday whether with children, care takers, teachers, parents, or the people that I meet each day. I even became callous with the constant snobbish attitude of someone in school but I don't feel good.

Not everyone can like me and same case with people I meet, though I do return with politeness what was offered to me. A smile for a smile, a nod for a nod, a nice return for gestures received.

(I do this with blogging, I visit the one who leaves a comment on my page. It's like a curtsy bow and even better when it is returned.)

16 comments:

  1. Good morning sir Jo ^^
    Buti na lang marami kang baon na "patience" - minsan masarap din batukan ang mga makukulet at "not so polite" na mga kids haha XD

    I love the last line. Pareho tayo nila Rix. Samen naman, parang mirror lang yan eh. Kung ano ang ipinakikita mo sa akin, yun din ang ibabalik ko sa'yo.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha,ha,ha, kung alam mo lang Fiel. Sometimes i have to speak in Filipino just to let it out, hay buhay!

    Mirror nga lang, do unto others what you want others to do unto you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iba na talaga ang ugali ng mga bata ngayon...

    ...minsan sa sobrang inis napapamura na ako hahaha, sa isip ko lang naman lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the readon I like to work with the elderly instead. Take more patience to work with children. But no matter what they do, it is not your fault. Lahat ng bad attitude nila ay sila din mag suffer ng consequences. Maybe they are hurting that us why nanakit din sila with words? There is always a reason back the behavior.
    Thumbs up ako sa yo because you remain polite and good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ms. Joy, since I love teaching, I have learned to love things about growing children. The thing I noticed though is that children nowadays behave differently from before. I find teaching many years ago easier compared to the present. With all of these changes, I still learn from them and in my everyday dealings with the children and their parents. My only hope is that we all remain caring, polite, empathetic, and kind inspite of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cher Jep, ang hirap yatang magmura sa isip lang kasi baka lumabas sa bibig at marinig ka. Better say it in another language or dialect para pag walang makaalam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes people creates a wall to protect themselves. And that is also true with children. But once you treat them back with goodness, they changed their behavior to the better. With some, it takes patience though. Some nuts are just hard to crack.

    So true Jon. I love those who take the time to read my posts. You know, we all can tell those who actually read the posts from their comments. :D

    I am so glad you are better and back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haaay...so sad to see some kids learn manners from TV.

    Minsan ay may nakita akong bata na kinatutuwaan ng mga matatanda dahil magaling daw mag-English. Eh ang mga sinasabi lang bata ay yung nririnig nya sa TV na mga hindi magagandang words.

    Hindi ako natuwa sa bata na iyon dahil lumalaki syang rude.

    Well, habaan mo na lang ang pasensya mo sa mga bata. Hopefully, may ma-pick up sila si iyo through your patience and politeness. Offer your pains and sufferings to God. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sir Jo nakakita ka na ba ng biskwit na Pacencia? sa Bicol marami. hehe


    mabuti ka pa at kayang itake ang mga batang me ganyang ugali. ako kasi, hindi ganun kataas ang tolerance level pagdating sa mga batang makukulit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ms. Lili, most of my experiences were that of the child's behaviour based on his or her upbringing. Culture also plays a big part. When I find something rude, others find it acceptable in their culture. However, I still play the role of a human being teaching them to be polite to others with little things such as a morning greeting.

    In lieu of blogging and commenting, you are absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ganda naman ng suggestion mo Ish, to offer my pains and sufferings to God, will do! Karamihan naman ay learned behaviour, may nakitaan tapos ginagaya. Kaya nga we try to model polite behaviour para magaya ng mga bata pero we have no control kung sino man ang nag-aalaga sa kanila.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Froi,

    Hanggang sa iskul lang yang patience na yan, kakabit na kasi ng trabaho. Kaya minsan paglabas ko ng bakod ng iskuwelahan, mukha asim na ako kaya prayers na lang every day bago pumasok sa work. Give me patience please, give me strength as well.

    Sige pag uwi ko, bibili ako, baka effective, ha,ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. naku dapat pala pacencia ang binibili mo sa pilipinas pah pabalik ka na dyan lolz.

    Isa ka sa mga tao na may malawak na pang unawa pero kahit ganun nasasagad pa rin ang pasenya.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There will always be something good in everyday. It's not a bad day. Just a bad moment.

    I remember that it had been one of my most used mantra in school. Until I got use to finding something in my day. It can really be a bit exhausting, sometimes its ok to admit that we are having a bad day and that there will be people we cant please.

    Chillssss.. *sending you good vibes*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tao lang naman ako Rix, hindi tulad mo robot! Pag may mga ganyang eksena, tinitignan ko lang sila then titigil na sila, my eyes talk and they speak evil, ha,ha,ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cher Kat, so positive naman, send me some in here so I can actually smile everyday. Kahit kasi yung kasama ko sa work, nakakainis din. Laging inaantok!

    ReplyDelete