Wednesday, April 1

Dreams

I am running so free and so fast that I start to float and then fly. It is eerie as nobody can actually lift themselves high in the air and zoom like a bird, but I did. And there I am, with no wings, able to glide up and down in the sky with no effort. It is fleeting! It is pure magic!



While laying in bed, a figure sits at the side and the weight is felt with its sudden movement. It is startling because it is my grandfather who passed away many, many years ago. I look at his face and he starts sobbing saying, "It is so lonely! It is so lonely." Tears swell in my eyes as well.



Out of breathe, a group of bad people are running after me. The trees protect me as I camouflage myself, giving me some time to rest. Then the sounds of heavy footsteps and crunching leaves and twigs are getting nearer so I run again, to escape. My heart is pounding and as I look back to see whether I am being followed, I keep on running, faster than ever.



And when I am in slumber, a voice is heard calling me to wake up. It is an unfamiliar sound. I know that I am being awaken at past midnight so I dare not open my eyes. The voice is coming from the window right above my bed and the mere fact that I know no one is around made me shiver in fear. I close my eyes tightly and tries hard to ignore the call.



These are some of my dreams. Not once but many times in intervals. I might be stressed out or had certain fears and apprehensions. I find it consoling that I can remember my dreams when I wake up. I also find it disturbing that most of them are enveloped with darkness.

When I dreamt of flying I connect it with the will to be free, to escape. When I see my grandparents in my dreams, it reminds me of my affinity with them. When I dreamt of running away, the everyday dealings with troubles and stresses wear me out thus the fatigue even at sleep. And the voice summoning me to wake up is a call. It might be a message wanting to be shared or a premonition of something bad is to happen. 

Whatever I dream of and whatever interpretations I give to them, it is not upon me to guide my life. My dreams are remnants of my thoughts. To validate my interpretations mean that I believe in other things rather than fate. I pray all the time, before going to bed and when I wake up. It just became a habit to recall my dreams once I open my eyes. 




18 comments:

  1. Its really possible. Kasi yun ang sinasabi ng subconcious mind mo :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreams and it's interpretations are interesting. It is an area where lot of research is going on. Well, a person misses us and he / she may be able to trigger a dream...good, isn't it?
    Cool post, buddy :)
    This is holy week and you must be busy with prayers...God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rix, the psychologist spoke, ha,ha,ha. Tama ka, Yun kasi ang ang iniisip ko before going to bed. Stress before bed so kailangan ko ng tea or chocolates before going to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully Rajiv that I will dream of many ,many friends because I miss them a lot as well and that they will dream of me as well. Prayers this Holy Week and everyday of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sir Jo :)

    Maraming beses ko na rin napanaginipan na lumilipad ako ala Peter Pan lol

    Pinaka ayaw ko sa mga panaginip is yung tipong may hinahabol ka pero di mo sya maabutan. Tapos pag gising mo, feeling mo pagod na pagod ka. Same din sa pag ikaw naman yung hinahabol at takbo ka nang takbo sa mahabang kawalan.

    Dreams are weird often times lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halos pareho pala tayo ng mga panaginip Fiel pero hindi ko pa naman napapanaginipan ikaw. Magigising na lang akong pagod, humihuingal, natatakot, o natatawa. Magaling ang mga eksena pero minsan very stressful and when you wake up, buti panaginip lang pala.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are flying in your dreams maybe there is something na nagawa ka or ginawa that you accomplished pwedeng subconciously or conciously aware ka sa bagay na yun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rix, o kaya high kami ni Fiel kaya kami lumilipad, lol! Now I am thinking what kind of accomplishments I had in the past that has to do with aiming high.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I rarely remember my dreams but I usually have bad dreams kapag stressed. Yung tumatakbo dahil hinahabol or dinudumog ako nang maraming tao. Or parang yung mahuhulog sa infinity.

    Mej stressed lately Cher Jo? Igala na yan! Praying for you :) *cyberhugs*

    Kumusta kna pala? Are you able to walk without crutches na?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello sir Jonathan! It's been a while!

    Kapag nananaginip ako ng ganyan, hindi lang isang araw, minsan series sya for 1 week, ganyan. Although nakakatakot, parang ang sarap din sa feeling at the same time, may thrill kasi haha.

    Kumusta po?

    ReplyDelete
  11. May mga panaginip din akong mga ganyan, nakakatakot pero feels kinda amazing after you wake up of how you can do such things in your dreams. I think some of the guys here are right, it has something to do with your dreams and goals in life. It's okay to feel stressed out just pray and chill :)Anyway, im sorry for commenting out of the blue, im Sarah btw, nice to meet you :))

    www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to be back agsin reading your post after a long vacation.
    Nice interpretations of your dreams. I might give it a try. lagi din ako nananaginip:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hindi lang pala ako ang hinahabol Cher Kat, marami pala tayo. Sana mga suitors na lang noh, hindi mga ahente o naniningil ng mga utang, lol! Matagal na itong mga dreams na ito, paulit ulit minsan so I thought of sharing through this blog. Magandang malaman na hindi ako nag iisang high or low sa mundo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Long time no hear Pao though frinds tayo sa FB eh hindi naman ako nag po post. Sa panaginip kasi puwede ang lahat at paggising natin, hah! Lumilipad ako! Isang linggong panaginip, series nga.

    Mabuti naman dito, ikaw ba?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Sarah,

    Thanks sa pagdalaw sa blog. Mayroon na rin akong mga panaginip na sunog, lindol, nalulunod, umiiyak, tawa ng tawa, pero itong pagtakbo sa malayung malayo eh lahat prominente. Stress nga siguro, or I really need an escape.
    Minsan nga naiisip ko, sana may super powers ako tulad ng sa panaginip.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ms. Joy and absolutely sure you had a great time in the Philippines. Excited for me to hear what your dreams were.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Timing tong post na ito!

    Nanaginip ako kagabi... bumabaha sa loob ng unit ko... hanggang tuhod na... My first instinct was to shut down all electrical socket... then I made my way slowly papunta sa pinto ng balcony para buksan at umagos palabas ang tubig...

    tapos nagising ako... uhaw na uhaw... pagsalang ko ng baso sa water dispenser, walang tubig na lumabas, then I noticed may tubig sa table, at sa floor... nagleak ang water dispenser kaya ubos ang drinking water ko...

    May kinalaman kaya ito sa panaginip kong baha?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ang tindi naman, after the dream, the actualization of your thoughts were laid out in front of you. Puwede nga that our dreams wanted to tell us something.

    I know that water in our dreams mean a sinking feeling. But in your case, very realistic ang interpretation. There must be a thread among bloggers where we can interpret our dreams together, exciting siguro yun.

    ReplyDelete