Friday, May 22

Closure

As I sat down looking at the casket where my father laid, there were so many realizations that I lost track of some of them. Of foremost importance was the value of communication. Then the unavoidable regrets in life. Afterwards, the seemingly chaos that reigned in the heart for a long time. 

I was the happy chap seeing my old friends and relatives. There were many stories exchanged and memories recalled. As ironic as it may, the wake became a bridge to further build friendships and relationships with the people around me. 

I met a cousin that I have not seen in ten years. Still eccentric with his line of thinking and questioning, it was still a blast to hear his stories. I received so much support from my high school buddies as well as from colleagues at work what with their monetary donations that we were in dire need. I was the happiest person when I saw my friend whom I have not seen in sixteen years, visiting the wake even with his busy schedule. I was the lucky chap when I received messages of sympathy from people around the world. 

Though I lost a loved one, it was a beginning of something peaceful. My father's wake was not a place for tears as we all knew he will be with my mum who left us two years ago. The wake was a place for beginnings, for renewals, and for closures. 

Thank you for all your support and words of encouragement during my trying times. To my high school friends: Diana, Penny, Stephanie, Heliton, Alex T., Alex S., Sonia, Evelyn, Arlene, Jossie, Angie, James, Willy, Evelyn Ong, Imeh, Elizabeth, Betty, Jason and Eleanor. To my blogger friends: Fiel, Sep, Rajiv, Jun, Joy, Cristine, Lili, Kat, Froi, Rix, Luz, Emil, Jep, and Imme. To my CCP buddies: Toni, Ardy. To my students' mums and dads especially of Ludo, Leon, Proud, Pearl, Kaia, Grace and Chris. To my buddies: Vlad, Fon, Busaba, Michelle, Shereen, Rae, Brenda, Sindhu, Laarni, Suncheep, Amarita, Bettina, Lilian, Marcela, Paulyn, Karin, Carol, Leo, See Teik and Soon Meng. To my family and relatives. 




16 comments:

  1. It's nice to know that things turned out that way sir Jo.

    Godbless for you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. parang ang peaceful sa pakiramdam habang binabasa ko ito sir Jo :)

    i'm happy to read this. tama ba un? hahaha, di ko ma-express eh.

    tc sir jo! lapit na naman ang pasukan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dapat lang peaceful kasi nga I went home for closure at sana nga, tapos na ang lahat ng hinagpis. Thank you Jep.

    Eh Jep, malapit na magclose ang school year so ako naman ang mag bakasyon. Hope to see you when I still have the time after my Coron trip. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know that saying goodbye was also saying hello and you have good memories about it. I suppose we just have to go on with our lives and make the most out of it. God bless your heart Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Endings are the ultimate realizers, but they also propel the beginning of something new.

    Di man lang tayo nagkita nung umuwi ka, Cher Jo. But I guess inappropriate naman to ask you kasi hindi naman bakasyon ang reason kung bakit ka umuwi this time.

    Until then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magandang hapon sir Jo :)
    I'm happy na sa wakas ay nakamit nyo na rin ang minimithi nyong closure from your loved ones. Malakas maka-good vibes ang ganyan ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ms. Joy. Saying goodbye was hard but we ought to keep the good memories and throw the bad ones. That's why even through blogging, I get to say my appreciation to people around me and to those who come and visit. To relive good memories by reading my posts and to give closures to all my worries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sep, no problemo. My visit was a family thing though I loved having people around me. We will meet again, though not in Coron, but maybe somewhere else. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening Sir Fiel, tapos na at ang kanilang mga paghihirap ay natapos na rin. After my mum, then our building, then the old house and then my dad, wala na talaga. They left sad and suffering but I know that there were reasons for all the changes. In my case, a change of heart, from one that is stubborn to one that asks for forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had been thinking of visiting your page... ngayon ko lang nagawa..
    Anyways, it's good to know that you have had closure after a not-so happy event.

    I look forward to seeing you in Coron!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No worries Cher Kat, the mere fact you came to read was already worth the time I wrote this entry. And knowing a lot of people supported me during these days of trials, I am blessed to be surrounded by them. See you at the airport first, he,he,he.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ouch! may naalala ako. Malapit na din ang death anniversary ng mama ko :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Condolence. I hope all is well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A love one's passing is always a reminder to embrace and enjoy life. Take care, Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh. Though belatedly, please accept my deepest sympathies.

    ReplyDelete