Monday, October 15

Paper Flowers (Special Entry for Blog Action Day Oct 15, 2007)


One of the most beautiful subject to study in arts is flower. They possess such magnificence that one is struck with awe as to how the colors and velvety soft petals can actually inspire painters and photographers. It must be the bright colors, the strong scent, and the shape of the flower or the softness of the petals. It attracts, it inspires, it beautifies, and most of all, it gives a feeling of warmth.

I may be a dreamer but I enjoy my garden and all the plants that grow and the flowers that bloom. I may be a poet but looking at the beauty just simply gives me the power to describe the flowers in literary forms. I may be just be thanking Mother Nature for all its glory and grandeur. And I am lucky.

I am lucky I have seen the beauty of flowers. I am lucky I have smelled them, touched them and planted them with my hands. And I will be very sad to think that one day all I will be seeing, all I will be holding and all I will be taking photos will be paper flowers.

Take from nature but return something back. Plant, grow, and let live.

1 comment: