Friday, June 15

Why? (June 15, 2007)

I sometimes ask myself why I have to work harder to earn, play harder to win, and love harder to be loved. I also ask myself why I have to travel further when others can reach their goals at arms length. I also ask why I need to exert more effort to be understood when my ideas are consistent and logical.

You probably have asked yourself why you are always struggling with issues in life, why you have to carry heavier loads than others, why you are always down when people around you are always in a happy mood.

At this age, I am still baffled that no matter how hard I try, I can never be like the successful person next door, the best athlete in sports, the most popular person in town, and the like. I was born to be simple. I was born to be just a part of a crowd. And with this comes one of my greatest disappointments in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment