Sunday, February 17

On Dying (February 17, 2008)


We reach a certain pointing life that we feel it is over. There is this feeling of surrender. There is this feeling of giving up even if life’s journey is still ripe with opportunities and choices. There is always a point of exhaustion. There is always a saturation period. So sometimes we seek an end.

When things are not going very well, it is human nature to complain, to feel despair, to be disappointed. But when things are really going wayward, we think of surrendering, to the point of death.

When I was much younger, I always ask myself why I am less loved by people. I always ask why I am always losing the game. I always ask myself why others are successful but I continue struggling with life. I always think of ending my life.

However, death is not the answer to the problem. Maybe facing our fears and our struggles can help us better see how wonderful life is. Now that I am facing a better picture of my life, I always thank the Lord for giving me strength along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment