Sunday, July 13

22 (July 13, 2008)

22 is my fave number and not because my birth date falls on that same number. I believe that two numbers joined together makes an even pair and it looks appealing so I chose 22. (Well, 88 is a nice one too but quite a big sum.)

This July, I will be celebrating something with this number. It will be the start of my 22nd years of teaching. As I recall the past 21 years and almost 650 students all in all, I can say that I have done a mighty fine job.

I am proud to have taught young minds from many different nationalities such as Germans, Thais, Americans, Finnish, Taiwanese, Singaporeans, Filipinos, British, New Zealanders, Canadians, Croatians, Belgians, French, Spanish, Malaysians, Indians and others. I am proud to be working with many assistants and colleagues from different countries as well. I am proud to have started a preschool department and been a head of a school. I am proud to have shared my expertise in drama, arts and music. I am mighty proud of the parents who had supported me all these times. I am proud to have represented my schools in many different functions.

But 22 is just a number and it is only use for counting. I believe that I will continue with this endeavour of helping and forming young minds to be confident, resilient and responsible young citizens. A big thanks for those who had been with me in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment