Wednesday, July 2

Growing To Be Me (July 02, 2008)


There are things in life that cannot be explained and we always almost blame others or even God if we are down and trodden. If I have to reminisce old times, I would say that I am not one of the lucky ones. I was always the hard worker but the unappreciated one. I am always the diligent student but I get frowned upon when I receive a low mark in one of my exams. I am always the conscientious one but people mistook me as arrogant, a show off.

Then I brought all of these negative feelings towards the duration of my life. I am always bickering, I am always blaming myself, I am always sad. I am always telling myself that life is unfair and that life has nothing much for me to give. It is a mistake to be brought into existence.

But as I grow older, I have realized that there is a reason for being neglected, for being the last, for being ridiculed and for being unappreciated. We all are of the same magnitude but it is in giving weight to the problems that it becomes heavier and harder to carry. In this life, we need to give weight to our happiness, finding happiness to be exact. For it is in finding happiness that we can achieve a better life, a fuller and more meaningful existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment