Wednesday, July 23

Alone in a Crowd (July 23, 2008)


I recently went on a trip with members of my family. Aside from bonding again, the trip was eventually a way to de-stress and a day off from worrying and working. As we all arrived enthusiastically armed with food and bags, we settled and started to have some rest.

What struck me was the period of loneliness even if I was with a crowd. I found it eerie and worrisome as I always end up being on one side of the pool or being alone in almost all situations. The scenario reminded me of my school days where I was always alone. I became a loner and an introvert all through these times.


I was in the company of people I had known for years since most of them were my family members. It was such a saddening experience that I had to be emotionally and physically away from the fun and companionship they were having throughout the day. I was alone in a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment