Wednesday, April 1

Meanings (April 01, 2009)

To see the world in many hues
And wander in my garden through
Delight the senses, search the soul
Mindfulness, take control.


Crimson red, fierce and fiery
Pink in paper thin sanctuary
Delicate and ever so dainty
One so quiet, the other flaunty.

Purple’s passion, rich and enduring
It’s dark coloration, bold and striking
Yet lavender takes a prominent place
Elegance, refinement, youthful grace.


Though just a dash of pale blue shows
Symbol of peace and serenity grows
The message of new, rich beginnings
Has yellow for its endearing meaning.


Vibrant optimism and welcome renewal
Green is the precious well-kept jewel
Warm feelings and energy needs
The passion of life in orange indeed.


So a little walk in my garden bright
May strike a spark to make a light
This life of mine though empty filled
The many colours, their presence fulfill.

Jonathan

6 comments:

  1. your poetry is just simply beautiful. it made me smile. this just shows that you're really intimate with what you do, as a nature lover and a poet of life... :)

    ---
    it's always nice to spend time with the family. it would've been more fun without them being sick though. ahehe! :) i will, jon. thanks!

    i love earth colors too! especially brown and other related hues... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and leaving a comment once again. I do appreciate your words of encouragement.

    I have two passion in life: teaching and gardening. In both worlds, there will always be nurturing, caring and loving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was that personally composed? Nice!

    I envy your sense of literature. Ive tried that before but when I read my completed poetry it was bland. ha! ha! So I stop deluding myself that I can be the next shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kris for the visit. I try to do better entries and in different genres because I have some students peeking through the pages.

    I use this blog to foster creativity among the older Thai students that I teach under my after school tutorials.

    But my hope is that one day I'll be better in presenting my thoughts the same creativity and genius you and Lucas have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not sure about the gardening (hehe) but i do want to be a teacher someday..a clinical instructor specifically. but i think i have a long way to go before i could be one...

    ---
    i wish, mate. i wish. but there was no practice. hahaha! but anyway, thanks for your generous words...

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is always a tomorrow. If not today, then for the coming years of practice and experience, work and personal life, you will be what you want to be.

    ReplyDelete