Sunday, May 10

There Will Always Be... (May 10, 2009)


With all the things that is happening around me and people I know, the garden which is my refuge offers its sympathy. Despite of the daily care and the watering, some of them are withering and there are a few who are dying.

Our destiny is dictated by fate but as we thread the road to life, choices are given and made. Our destiny might be high and mighty or humbly serving others. Some destinies might be to find a lost dream or to fight on a daily basis to survive. Other destinies might be just plain old fashioned living or a struggle to fit in. And as we put together the thread of life's mysteries, we either find the light or be lost in the web of perplexities. Our constant fight to understand the situations, the actions, the reactions, and the results baffle us to the core. Some rejoice to their success, others succumb to failure and defeat. The intricacies are numerous.

There are things in life that we cannot fight but it does not mean that we have to surrender. Our purpose is not served if we just give up and by letting the course lead us to confusion and sadness. There are things in life that are unacceptable in the beginning but as we breathe, things rather change giving us hope.

My dying plants were securely positioned in their own areas of security until nature took its course. And how much I try to feed them with care, it is time for them to say goodbye. But the fight within my own self is still there. I give hope so that they may grow again. I offer shade for the plants to revive themselves from the elements of nature's fiery heat and climate change. I employ the same strategies for myself to seek solace and peace within these turbulent times.

My plants become a source of inspiration to lead a hopeful life, that things do not end because of one tragedy. My plants will become reminders of the outside forces difficult to control, but things can be contained. My life is a whirlwind of problems, but there is always a way and a will.

2 comments:

  1. very well said my friend :) inspiring indeed...

    we have to make the choices to fulfill the destinies waiting for us. if we fail along the way, God will give us strength to endure defeat and failure...

    it's really cool that you're able to pick up some lessons from your very own backyard...

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though there are only a few souls who grace this blog of mine, your words will always be my strength. I thank you for your kindness.

    I will pray as I always do. God bless!

    ReplyDelete