Wednesday, May 6

Glasses ( May 06, 2009)


I've been wearing prescription glasses since I was in middle school. It wasn't comfortable in the beginning as I have to wear them to read far away so that I could copy the words on the board. The glasses made me look like a geek, but for some, I look like a national hero: smart looking and preppy. Anyway, I had been using spectacles since then and until now; I had been changing them every two years.

When I use my glasses, it helped me look at the board, see the words and aid me to learn. I still use glasses but in a different way, to see what is far and to understand the distance between me and the object I am trying to see.

My words for the last two entries cannot be seen by the naked eyes. The meanings do not come in the form of explanations and rhetoric. The ideas were not reflected as the entries were both vague and open-ended. It wasn't a writing style as the entries were written in one sitting. It was mind over-flowing, and reactions that cannot be controlled.

But the glasses the readers need to understand the meanings are not the ones used to better our visions. The glasses needed come from the heart of the readers, to see the written words and to read beyond its font and structures.

Sometimes in life, we cannot see what is in front of us. Sometimes in life, we use vision aids but still act blind to our surroundings. Sometimes in life, we can close our eyes and then we see. For now, I needed new glasses for me to see beyond today, so that I could settle once again.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree Mr. Athan! For the last 10 months, I keep on wishing and hoping for something. I can read what's obvious, but little things between this person and I has given me false re-assurance. But im still hoping.

    I can see these things via my naked eye, but my heart is hoping for otherwise. And my brain, my brain that I hope to judge what's logical still opts to defend my heart.

    sigh.... It's not easy to be me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is a mystery. And love is part of the mystery. Looking through the glass is not about what is tangible, it's looking inside. That's why we become emotional because we use our heart. That's why our reasoning are clogged because we use our heart.

    It's not easy to be human, but it is more difficult to be strong.

    ReplyDelete