Wednesday, April 28

In My Own Home

Coming home from school, the rain had been battering the streets with pelts of water as if earth is thirsty after battling the gruelling summer heat. Then along the way came the gush of wind made stronger by the irate intensity of the changing weather. I reached home safe yet in the company of my own abode I was restless.

The state of the nation where I am right now is in a siege mood. Never in my entire life had I imagined being in the middle of this chaos. Differing political views and unwavering opinions meet no resolutions. The nation is rattled and so are the people, young and old alike.


The summer heat depletes the ground of much needed water that plants suffer, wither and die. Those big trees were fortunate enough to extend their roots to seek for a water source but those small ones were left parched and to perish.


People who have the resources to survive times of trouble are like the big trees of the forest. They could find opportunities to either protect themselves from the heat and live through summer days. Those unfortunate would be left to their own standings to make do of what they have for the challenges are just not suited for their makings.


Being at home means living at the comfort we earned in years. Though I was able to reach home dry from that sudden downpour, being at home does not mean I am free from harm. For it is in my own home that I feel threatened by outside forces. No one is sure of what's to happen and it is in not knowing what's ahead that intensifies the apprehensions.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... amidst my busy schedule, there are times that I think about you and pray that you're ok.

    Ingat lagi! Sayang I wasn't able to come and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting right now is not a good idea. When everything settles down, I will inform you so you could have your honeymoon here in Thailand.

    Thanks for the prayers. Please pray for Thailand's peace as well.

    ReplyDelete