Tuesday, April 5

My Blog To Others

Friendship is part and parcel of our living. We loved going to school because we get to meet our friends. We party up to the wee hours because we are in good company. We enjoy travelling as we experience the newness of a place with someone familiar and comforting. We seek their advices and we render our faith and trust to them.



My blog is my friend. I communicate my feelings and inner thoughts through writing. It is one way, since I write blobs of words to the blog without receiving an immediate answer. While the interpretations only come if ever one is lost in the cyber space and ends up browsing and commenting on my entries



I used to have a close friend who migrated to another country. Our friendship during high school was tight and we used to be in touch when we ended studying in different universities and pursuing different careers. He ended up our friendship when he started questioning how well I know him since he thought I wasn't interested in knowing what was happening at that time: his new found girl, his engagement, his marriage and eventually their first born child. He had a blog, well-presented narratives that simply kept me well-informed about his life, and of which I religiously read through the time he was in his new phase of life.



I don't see how you could be a good friend when you know nothing.” he added. I asked the same question and then replied, “I knew everything from your blog, how you two met, the waiting, the proposals and everything. You could ask me now, but do you know anything about me? There was no answer because he doesn't know what to answer. Thus the blame became mine to bear, and he made sure that the word best friends does not apply to us anymore because apparently, I knew nothing. Harsh, but I made no explanations whatsoever. I did my part of knowing him, to make sure I was informed, but it wasn't enough.



We are all busy and I don't expect people to read what I write. I was just hoping that one person will stumble upon my writings and learn from them. My former friend knows of my blog's existence so does the others in our group but none of them do come for a visit. I don't blame them. There are priorities in life and mine is just not theirs for the taking.



No regrets, and no bad feelings for I know that there are some who manage to read even how inconsistent or shallow the entries are. I write because I love to, not to impress or to impose on others but to leave something in return for giving me the opportunity to feel, to think and to love.

4 comments:

  1. hmmm. Somehow I don't see "friendship" confined in the four walls of "knowledge" or "know-whats."

    Friendship for me is mostly an emotion. A feeling of connection towards another soul. Regardless of the presence or absence of knowledge of another's bio-stats. Those who know everything without emotion, I call them stalkers (ako na ang may stalker lol).

    At times, when a friend is in need, one doesn't ahve to know the details. A friend would be the one who'd care without asking why.

    Just my two cents worth of opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I write because I love to, not to impress or to impose on others but to leave something in return for giving me the opportunity to feel, to think and to love."

    - i like this line. we should write for ourselves. when we reach a point where our writings are dictated by others, then we might as well be advertising sheets.

    Oh, and yeah, somehow our writings reach those who matters as well. Friends, new and old. For here in cyberspace, there are no strangers, only friends yet to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me thank you first for your kind opinions of which I find very true.

    I consider people as my friends when they are around me when I needed them, even with their simple words of encouragement or wisdom.

    I am not into info and for the very few people who knows me, I will always be there for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I write because I like to share my thoughts even if there are no listeners or readers. I just feel better.

    I noticed you have such a big number of followers. It just mean you have a plenty to meet. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete