Tuesday, February 12

Getting To Know You 2

If you don't sit down, I'll kiss you! 


Discussing about the winter break:
Teacher: Do you think it is cold in Bangkok?
Student: No, but Spain was.
Teacher: Ah, which part of Spain did you go?
Student: Singapore!


Asking a student who's new in class:
Teacher: May I know where you came from?
Student: From my mommy's tummy.


Talking about manners:
Teacher: Can you please do your work?
Student A: WHAT!?
Student B: That's not polite, you have to say pardon me.
Teacher 2: What?
Teacher 1: She just said, it is not polite to say what, say pardon me.
Student C: Pardon me WHAT!?


Overheard children talking:
Student A: I'm on the table. (with an Australian accent)
Student B: Teacher, he said he is from Thailand.
Teacher: Are you sure? But he is from Australia.
Student B: No, he said, I am a Thaiboy.



Discussing pertinent items regarding our project work:
Teacher: When will the police officer let go of the bad guy from jail?
Student: When he dies.
Teacher: Why?
Student: So he cannot run away!

21 comments:

  1. so funny... sana marami ka pang mga ganitong posts... yang mga ganyang moments ang nagpapaalis stress sa mga teachers like us

    ReplyDelete
  2. nakakatuwa ang mga moments na ganyan, nakakagaan ng loob at bawas stress :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @senyor - oo nga, hindi ko na lang maalala lahat dahil busy talaga sa trabaho, toxic but I will post more.

    @ jep - share ko nga sa mga colleagues ko, tawa lang kami ng tawa since they all know my students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh nailipat na pala ang singapore sa spain ee nu hahah

    tama naman ung huli pag deads na di na makakatakas haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oo nga, mas mura pumunta ng Singapore kesa Spain pero pareho lang yun :) matalinong bata yung girl na nagsabing patay na, hindi na makakatakas. Pero super serious siya ng sabihin niya yan sa akin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These children are so clever! And teacher 2 must be my mom, right? That is so hilarious. Hahaha. I like today's conversation about why we couldn't make big paper airplane too. It was funny!!..and remind me that even my mom isn't perfect :) and that she could be funny

    ReplyDelete
  7. habang nag-uusap ng ganyan ang mga bata seryoso pagmumukha nila haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mana - I didnt even include stories about your mom, it will be funnier. Anyway, she is a delight to be with and so much scarier during drama class. She can scare the children easily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ aboutambot- tumpak ka diyan, dahil alam nilang wala silang sinabing mali.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was crackin' up at "Pardon me WHAT?!" hahaha I should learn a thing or two on manners from these kids :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poi- please come and be my sub for a day. How come you closed your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahaha. Kids give out the funniest answers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Ishna - welcome back. It's true and I have more to share, maybe later.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ olivr - having an australian with a different accent is fun so the interpretations are limitless. There was one girl looking for her 'water bottle' and I saw the assistant teachers struggling to understand her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You made me smile:) thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @joy - that's good and you are very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that was fun...:) nakaka tuwa lang ung innocence ng isang bata...:) can be pretty funny...:)


    xx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaya ako natawa is because of their innocence. Minsan gusto kong mahawa para wala nang stress.

      Delete
  18. Nakakatuwa. Lalo na sa Thaiboy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga. After a week or two masasanay na din the rest of the class with the accent.

      Delete