Monday, July 18

To Take Care

Brought and hanged against my classroom window was this beautiful hanging plant with purplish flowers. The view from the inside was pleasant and more appealing from the outside. However, a bet ensued among my assistant and I as to how long this plant will last. Two weeks, three or four maximum and we were both right. The plant died after a few weeks. The culprit was the lack of sunshine and care during the weekends.

I practically live in a forest like surrounding as the plants and trees had outgrown their pots and been climbing each other for some time. The rain helped me nurtured their growth and during these past weeks I had been trimming, repotting and transferring them in various places. Just like the hanging plant in school, the care I should be giving to my plants at home should not be limited during my free time, or my summer vacation. Since I opted for a garden, I should be responsible for its clean and healthy environment.

I had taken for granted people in my life. First will be my parents who are far away from me. I never talk to them nor hear anything from them. I see them twice or thrice only in a year. I stopped making connections with former friends whom I've met in school or from the universities I attended. I lost contact and made no effort to chat with them. I lost some of the best friends I considered closest to me. It was my busy life, my intention to be alone and my selfish reason to live without reaching out.

The people around me, from before and now, are like the plants I have around the garden. Some thrived in solitary confinements while others did not managed the silent treatment. I should not give them lukewarm relationships nor put them aside. I should manage my time, exert some effort and try to reach out. I am learning my lessons from what's surrounding me. I am learning it late but a realization is making me aware that I am as a person cannot be, all by myself.

1 comment:

  1. When the wisdom of the Lord sets upon us by the grace of the Holy Spirit, realization and knowledge beyond, begins to grow within us. And we will be surrounded by HIS love beyond compare. God is really good to those who love and obey HIM.

    ReplyDelete