Wednesday, July 13

The Rock

People are like rocks, battling heavy rains and strong winds in their lifetime. And in the course of living, pieces of rocks tumble down or are chipped off by the elements of both time and weather. The changes give us an appearance and a personality of our own. Later in life, we stand firmly on the ground with our own ambitions and dreams.

In my case, the rock in me started 24 years ago when I decided to become an educator. Just one solid piece, layers and layers of experiences and knowledge created what's in me. The long time formation found a solid ground to light ways and serve as a beacon to many. With layering comes the chipping off of bad habits and lazy endeavours. Doing away with unnecessary actions compliment what of goodness I bring in my vocation. The voice in me is created by the apparent build-up and shaping done by years of teaching young children.

It was the hugging of three young children that made an impact in my choosing to be an educator. It was then the encourgement of colleagues and parents that made me pursue education further. It was my overseas stint that made me believe in my talent. It was the people I'd met from all over the world that gave me the strength to continue this path. It was the children I'd taught that gave me inspirations every now and then.

So what is there for this year? A better person. The rock that was submerged deep down into the ocean floor was then raised up to be carved by the best carvers in town. The shape and the contour are all chiseled in but it is now being polished to perfection. My only wish is that I will continue to see the seeds of goodness I planted to my children. I love them all!

2 comments:

  1. When you love your work, it will really bring the best in you. Blessing will continue to flow in your life for you are doing the best for these little angels. Love you Jon and God loves you too!...Ninang Dico

    ReplyDelete
  2. This rock, that was once bruised and ignored, now shines like a gem and it had passed all the test of time. Love you Lord, for keeping it safe for me.

    ReplyDelete