Friday, May 17

Animal Kaiser

I have no idea why my tutorial students are crazily fascinated with Animal Kaiser cards, I go to one student and he will be tattling about how one of my other students took his card and if I can talk to him about returning it. Then I will get in big conversation convincing someone to return something that he didn't even get from another friend. It becomes a vicious cycle, just because of these cards. I also heard that each card costs around 30 baht which is hefty as they have the tendency to collect them and place them in books as collections. 

One of them asked me to buy them from Taiwan since I have a relative there. Another asked me to accompany him to the mall so that we can play and get some cards from a machine. In all their prodding, all that I can do is draw their fave cards and they all stopped. The problem is... the pleading to draw more never stops. 


Great White Shark
Bengal Tiger
Golden Eagle
Black Panther
Saw Shark
Small Tooth Sawfish
Electric Ray
Indian Gavial
Side Striped Jackal
Coral Snake
There you go, just sharing some of the sketches I made for them. I share them here because it is my digital library so that I can revisit them once again. Thanks for visiting!

19 comments:

  1. Naalala ko yung teks nung elementary. Hahaha. Ang mahal ng animal kaizer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hindi ko alam ang animal kaizer. haha. hello there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay ang mga bata talaga hindi natin magets ang fascination sa mga cards...mz my childhood

    ReplyDelete
  4. @overthinker - oo nga ang mahal at narinig ko nga minsan, they could spend 500 in one visit just for these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @virkky- hindi ko din alam till the children showed me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ senyor - ano naman ba ang yung collection when you were younger? Teks yung sa akin like overthinker but hindi ko siya naging collection. Stamps puwede pa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tanada ko mainstream tlaga nga text cards nun! anyway we used to do our own cards back then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. rich kids ang students mo ser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ MEcoy - very creative and resourceful, sariling gawa ng cards!

    @Olivr - sinabi mo pa, ako ang naiiyak kapag nakikita ko kung gaano sila gumastos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello
    Blog hopping and found your very beautiful blog.

    Great post!

    Visit my blogs too and feel free to add some comments.

    Thanks
    Rajiv
    http://www.magicalpresent.blogspot.com
    http://www.magnificentdewdrops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so good in drawing that maybe you can sell to them the cards:)
    You are a gifted man:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Joy, I just copied them from the originals but a friend also recommended for me to draw more to sell :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sarap siguro magturo sa mga kids!
    especially kapag na-eexpress nila ang kanilang creativity... Galing ng mga sketch, simple but really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The difficulty lies when they become unhappy with their drawings so I still tel that they draw well but have rooms for improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember the time when I was addicted to Pokemon but I don't spend much like your students. Kasya na ako sa paggawa ng pen-and-paper version ng Pokemon game.

    Anyways, ang gastos naman ng laro nila.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nakakalula, lalu na't nakikita ko yng folders ng cards. Sa kapal nuon, ang laking gastos niyan. Dapat may hangganan ang mga magulang. Minsan hindi maganda ang mensaheng dala ng paggastos ng malaki.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you have very talented kids. I miss art classes!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi blakrabit,

    I have some very talented students, but the drawings were mine. One of them wanted me to post his drawings on my blog and maybe I will. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete