Sunday, December 1

When Winter Comes

I always love the rain, the pitter patter of water drumming softly on the roof top. I love the rain, as it caresses the leaves and flowers with its softness leaving drops of crystals at the periphery. I love the rain, but not the one that makes me shiver in fear because of its accompanying winds. 

But the winter, though no snow, brings forth a melancholy vibes in my household. The garden for one is no longer vibrant. The yellow flowers that radiantly bloomed are long gone and the plants and trees are now in standstill. As if a magic wand envelopes them in sleep after long days of activities. 

I don't see anymore of the fluttering butterflies nor the hopping birds scooping worms from the ground. Less are the bugs that give colours and movement in my garden. All had gone to sleep.


The life in this egg is now in its own journey.


Stagnancy is reflected in the pond's water.


The hummingbird abandoned its woven nest.


The leaves, fallen. The trees, in rest.

We can't be always cheery and we can't always be positive. There are days of fear and days of worry. But just like winter, it is a passing season so as the feelings and emotions life brings. For some winters bring forth coldness while some winters of dullness. The winter of our lives should be a mindful time for rest and reflection. It is a time to slow down and recharge for spring

17 comments:

  1. happy winter. that would be my fave season kung meron nyan sa pinas. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. although gusto ko maachive ang white xmas parang ayaw ko na din. Hustle kasi ang lalabas ka pa na magsusuot lagi ng mga makakapal na damit. Ngayon pa nga lang hirap na maligo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olivr,

    Something different. Though I dread cold climates. Hindi ko kaya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rix,

    I know of people who come to Asia during winter to avoid the cold. I know of Asians who.love to dress up for winter. Kanya kanyang hilig. Bumili ka ng water heater para makaligo ka ng maayos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true...
    di bale pana-panahon lang yan...
    minsan nasa taas, minsan sa baba..
    ..and that's where real journey begins, ang sabi ng isang priest...

    ReplyDelete
  6. May Hanging Amihan din po ba sa Thailand sir Jonathan?

    Dito kase sa Pinas, chilly na ang mga mornings because of the Northeast Monsoon (Hanging Amihan) :) Sa tuwing gigising ako sa umaga, I always had a cold feet. Eh pano ba naman, di ako mahilig magkumot, like ko lagi ang mamaluktot ahaha (tigas ng ulo)

    egg ba ng ibon ung empty eggshell sa taas?

    gusto ko rin ma-experience ang white christmas, kaso mababa ang tolerance level ko sa ginaw/lamig >_<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said Ric,

    Real journeys have bumps along the way and I am feeling them. Hopefully next year begins with a more positive vibes.

    Hello fiel,

    Only this morning when I came to school na malamig ang hangin. I do not like cold places. I usually sleep with two blankets but the zircon is on. Silly isn't it?

    Maybe, madami din kasing nest sa house eh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gusto ko ung sepia effect ng mga pictures... uy malapit na ang january... kitakits ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oo nga Chris, may utang ako sa iyo. See you next month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. bakit parang ang lungkot ng dating nito sakin...huhu...

    Masyado kong maraming ginagawa lately, and I do look forward to the holiday rest para pagdating ng january, recharged and ready na ulit...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful.

    I imagined all the things you described based sa mga previous photos mo. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's right yccos, we need some recharging this coming break so not much praying and eating eh! Total relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Lili,

    I do appreciate your visit. I love making the photos different also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, winter na rin dito. Pretty cold. But, I am trying to see the bright sides of life too.
    Nice thoughts Jonathan and the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. relate much madalas akong me ganyang moments in my case old mellow songs and xmas songs makes me feel gloomy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Ms. Joy. And let the winter gives rest to a lot of things for the coming of spring. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. MeCoy and why does Christmas songs make you gloomy? And Pinas is like The Christmas capital of Asia.

    ReplyDelete