Sunday, March 30

A Letter to Cherish

City in the Jungle
Sometimes, our work as teachers are unrecognized either by the adminstrators or by the parents of the children we teach. Teaching is not an easy job since we deal with people. The honing and training that are involved are challenging even if they are only fours and fives. 

With the last Open House for my project presentation, I received a letter from an Australian mum and it suddenly filled me with conviction and validation. I am sharing her heart warming letter here.






Dear Jonathan,

Thank you yesterday for providing me with an opportunity to learn more about Louis' schooling experience. It was a real delight to hear him speak so passionately about the project. I was very impressed by the book of work that Louis showed me and how far he has developed with his numbers, alphabet , etc. As I traveled home yesterday from the presentation what struck me more than the academics was the sheer joy on their little faces of being able to share with their respective Mum's and Dad's their work but more than this was the promotion of others and their work. I overheard many children saying to their parents "This is my work and this is Nate's, Brace's, Sofia's, etc."  It is lovely to see in action the relationships that have been formed and fostered by your tutelage, it is a real credit to you. 

Anyway, I wanted to drop you a line to say "thanks" not only for teaching Louis the fundamentals which are important for life but also in guiding him on how to connect meaningfully with others- this skill I think will serve him the best in life! 

Many thanks
Bel 


Nothing beats when someone, even just one, believes in you. My goal for the next two months before I start my summer break is to continue forth the light as I pass them to my students. 

A blessed day to all!

21 comments:

  1. we believe in you sir, and to every teacher in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the faith and I dedicate my post to all teachers. Have a blessed day Olivr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. napapawi lahat ng pagod at hirap kapag may nakaka-appreciate ng effort mo :) dagdag inspirasyon at energy para ang mga gawa mo'y mas lalo pang mapabuti :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When a child says thank you, it's really heartwarming, because at a young age, they know how to appreciate. But when a parent says thank you and emphasizes on the learning, it's really a great boost, isn't it? Posts and letters like these are worth reading all the time. Especially during those times that one seem to lose faith in teaching and as a teacher.

    Kudos Cher Jo! You really are a wonderful teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Winzton,

    One word but a great factor. I remember a principal looking for the wow factor and since that day, I never fail to deliver. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ jep,

    Parang bubble gum, nawawalan ng lasa kapag nginuya nang nginuya. Kailangan laging bago para may lasa. Sa pagtuturo kailangan laging ma mga bagong ideya, at pagsubok para naman lalo tayong ganahang maging guro. Salamat sa komento. Mabuhay ang mga gurong tulad mo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cher Kat,

    I know it my heart that I do great things in school. However, it feels warmer if there are appreciative people around us. The mere fact that an administrator will say good job is enough but when it comes from students and parents, it is overwhelming.

    I met the mum the next morning and gave her a hug. Then I ran away because I cried in one of the classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nyahaha parang lasing lang magusap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hashtag Huwarang Guro. Sir Jo, ikaw ang epitome ng isang huwaran at mabuting guro. I believe in you! Kaya you all deserves all the praises you've got.

    Mabuhay ang lahat ng mga dakilang guro sa mundo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nakaka=inspire naman talaga kapag may mga students o magulang na nakikita ang bunga ng pagsisikap ng isang guro. mabuhay ka Sir Jonathan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A teacher is someone that molds the minds of our future leaders. :) Keep up the good work and maybe someday I get to teach as well when I finally get my diploma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Batets may crying moments? hehehe

    I hope it was because of the overwhelming feeling :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Rix,

    Oo nga, lashing ka ba?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Fiel,

    Salamat much. Friend nga kita kasi you believe in me, lol! Kidding aside, para nga sa lahat ng mga guro. Maraming makikinabang sa ating pinaghirapan.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Ambot,

    Kagaya mo, hindi naman siguro tayo tatagal sa pagtuturo kung walang mga naniniwala sa ating kakayahan. Salamat at nandito ka rin palagi para dumamay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @ Simon,

    You can always do your usual job and teach at the side. Our experiences can actually help us with our teaching because we get to experience first hand things and then tell the younger people the learnings we got. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Cher Kat,

    manghuhula ka ba? Ha,ha,ha.

    Of course, tumakbo ako so nobody can see, shy lungs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Kahit ako na touched. Galing Sir Jonathan. I wish naging teacher kita:)

    ReplyDelete