Sunday, July 6

Mini Travels

Ao Manao Beach

Ao Manao Beach is a pristine beauty especially through the eyes of a city person. It is located in the province of Prachuap Kiri Khan, a four hours drive away from Bangkok. The tranquil surroundings enthralled the person in me longing for peace, serenity and a calming environment. Since I wanted to spoil myself with indulgence, I stayed at a place called Trishawa. It is a boutique hotel that offers few amenities but impeccable service.




View from the pool







The view from the hotel's pool area gave me an impression of either a postcard sized picture or a landscape painting. It was two in the afternoon and amidst the seemingly hot rays of the sun, the trees towering me gave ample shade to retreat, and rest my weary soul. The scene that welcomed me was an epitome of stillness. Whilst the sole bird flaps her wings on the horizon, the wind was the only moving element in this scenario. It was captivating!




Kaeng Krajan 
My second stop for this mini trip was Kaeng Krajan found in the province of Petchaburi. It is famous for its national park and accommodations built around two rivers, the Petchaburi and Pranburi rivers. A lot of activities surround the vicinities from ATV rides, paintball wars, rafting and swimming. Though the place was invigorating, the silence of the place was quite eerie because there were no people. It was like a lost soul, like mine, paying homage this rustic commune.


I visited Chaam Beach and stayed at the beachfront. The lunch served was ordinary yet the taste was exquisite. My tired body surrendered afterwards and a nice, long sleep was had. I was only awakened by the passing motorcycles making me realized it was time to go back to the hotel. I was filled to the brim, not with the food I had for lunch, but with the bread and snacks I got from a convenience store that I opted to have rice porridge for dinner. 




A bevy of dishes






I found a nice place to sit and eat my boiled rice with fish salad, Chinese sausages, stirred fried vegetables, and shrimps topped with pepper. Thinking that I won't eat much, I ended eating more than I bargained for.






The last stop of this wonderful trip was the province of  Samut Songkram and I ended visiting the Mae Klong River and its fishing terminal called Don Hoi Lot. This place is famous for Razor Clam shells gathered in the sea and sold to many restaurants and market sellers. There was a brewing storm but it was the grayness of the whole surrounding that brought a new sense of meaning to life. Whatever happens, it goes on.


These mini trips concluded with a restful soul and with the coming holidays will see myself traveling and renewing my spirit as a person. A blessed day to everyone. Sending you my ...



2 comments:

  1. Ahh I miss reading your posts Jonathan!
    Where have you been? ahaha So glad to hear from you! grabe ha, ganda ng vacation, sulit na sulit! :))

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang ganda naman ng mga beaches nila jan. Sakto para mag-relax away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. So cool and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete