Sunday, August 9

With a Heavy Heart

     

           Dear Teacher Jonathan,

           Many thanks from the deep of our heart for being such a                   
           wonderful teacher, tutor, coach and friend.

           We will never forget all the support that you gave to us, especially               
           to Isi and Diego in these four and a half years of teaching from     
           Beginning English but later and more importantly, values and helping     
           both to be better kids.

           We trust milion percent and you never fail. You always gave more and    
           more with patience, care and love.  You are dear Teacher Jonathan   
           and one of our best memories of Thailand.

           You are so special for us and your "Chilean" friends will always be with    
           you in anything you need.

           Many thanks again for all and God bless you!

                                                                         With love,

                                                                         Isi, Diego and Marcela




This year, there were a lot of families who left for good as they needed to go back to their home countries or that they were assigned somewhere else.  The Barria-Esquivel family had been a tremendous support to my career as a teacher.  I will love them and cherish them in my heart. 

6 comments:

  1. how rewarding it feels when someone appreciates your work and effort.. Kudos to you Sir Jonathan ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is with a heavy heart to see this family leave.

    Though there should also be pride in yourself that you are able to touch the lives of these people. The connection built had been so tight to let them say that "you have Chilean friends who will always be with anything you need."

    You have gone and done an extra mile. More than one kid, you had made a difference in the life of an entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Blue. The word I was looking for was appreciation and they actually did appreciate my efforts. I wish our workplaces have incentives for jobs well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cher Kat, as I continue my journey as a teacher and hoping to finally meet its end, I am posting some of the letters from parents to remind me of how great people are. Sometimes, I have no more drive to go forward but there will always be certain people who will push you, no matter what.

    Love the last line and I do believe that I have done so much to a lot of families around. May God bless my heart and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fine Ms. Balut. How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete