Monday, August 3

A Beach Post

If there is one place I enjoy visiting, it is the beach. I am not fond of swimming in its salty water but the sound of the waves caresses my ears. It is the coming and going of the current that brings bubbles at the end that mystifies me. It is the soft push of the wind to gently sway the ripples to the shore that I always wait for. It is pure magic. 

The beach had been my refuge. It was where I do my homework when I was still a student. It was where I memorized my lines for the stage plays I had been part of. It was where I wrote my school reports and it was where I sat down and reflected on life. It was also where I just indulge in eating and sleeping during school breaks. 

This summer, I went to Coron. I renewed friendship with two of the best people I've met in the world of blogging. I have met Asiong two years ago when I visited him in Baguio and it was also that summer where I met Cher Yccos in her school.  Asiong is now a tour guide in Coron while Yccos returned to the corporate world. These two people had been instrumental in my continuos streak of writing and postings.  Their presence warms my heart.

The beach is where we gathered to exchange further stories about life, struggles, and hopes. The beach is where we renewed our camaraderie.  The beach became a stellar witness to how friendships go beyond backgrounds, likes, eccentricities, and beliefs.  I am fortunate to have them and those who read my blog. 

Coming up will be photos of our wonderful journey together. 

20 comments:

  1. I would like to spend a vacation with you and Cher Kat also! I wanna go back to Palawan! Napupuno lang ako ng inggit nung binasa ko ang entry na ito!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naiimagine ko na kung anong mangyayari sa vacation na magkakasama tayo. Haha. Non-stop kwento, photos and lakad! Mangyayari yan, Sir Trips, gusto mong i-visit natin sya sa Thailand? Para libre na tayo accommodation :) lels.

      Delete
  2. Haayysss... currently enjoying na pala kayo jan sa Coron nila Cher Kat at Asiong hehe :)

    Masarap maglakad-lakad at magrelax sa beachfront lalo na sa gabi.
    Lakas maka sunburn pag daytime eh lolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sir Trips, we could always schedule a get together somewhere sometime as long as I am told ahead of time. Cher Kat is a wonderful companion and we will definitely have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiel my friend, hindi ka nga bagay mag lakad sa araw dahil ang kaputian mo ay madudungisan. Cher Kat and I were talking about our complexions and then I told her na ikaw ang pinakamaputi sa lahat. Sayang at hindi ka namin nakasama. Next time, aayain kita ulit at kukulitin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ay may hotel ka sa Thailand Cher Kat? Ha,ha,ha! I also cannot imagine our conversations. Pakisabihan na lang ako if ever so I can review through google or makikinig na lang ako.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Napakadami ng magagandang lugar sa Palawan no.. El Nido and Coron yung pinakacommon na nakikita ko sa Internet at talagang tourist attraction talaga... hopefully makarating din ako jan... not a fan of beach though hehe pero the atmosphere sobrang nakakaoverwhelm.. makakaunwind ka talaga ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaya yan Blue, makakarating ka rin. Pag bumalik kami sa 2017, sumama ka. The more, the merrier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kaya yan Blue, makakarating ka rin. Pag bumalik kami sa 2017, sumama ka. The more, the merrier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nakakatuwa naman sir Jo yung getaway ninyo. sana maaga rin akong nakauwi at nakasama sana.

    at since sa dagat naman ang place, tuturuan ko kayo minsan kung papaano ang sumisid. yung hindi ka lilitaw for 30 minutes.hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woooow! Coron. :-) Kainggit. Yan ang balak naming puntahan ni MIsis kapag nagka-budget na.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you worry, don't you worry Froi.... there will always be another day. I was equally excited to hear you will be home before I leave pero hindi pa time. Enjoy your stay in Manila once you are back.

    I was thinking, 30 minutes? In my case baka forever na hindi na ako lumitaw. Yayaman ang sister ko!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mahal ang Coron Ish but maganda naman talaga ang lugar, worth visiting. Maybe when your child is much older, then you can do a trip to Palawan and enjoy the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been to Palawan with an ex many times but it would be different with friends. Nagbago bigla ang pananaw ko hehe. Hintayin ko mga pictures nyo.

    Waiting for the time when someone would say "What?! You too? We thought we were the only one."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sama ka na ambot next time with wifey, and then lalaki na ang ating grupong bloggers. Nakarating ka na pala Palawan, hindi mo kasi naikuwento. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Rix, had a good vacay po, he,he,he.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uu nga nakita ko sa ibang post. Tapos na pala ang vacay mo. at mukang nag enjoy ka lolz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel the same way!

    Perhaps we're both merfolks, long ago. This affinity with the sea, kase...

    ReplyDelete
  18. May buntot ka rin, ha,ha,ha. The funny thing is that I go to the beach or sail through without even getting myself wet. I just like the sound and the serenity, unless there is a batch of students doing their scouting thingy. It is more fun if you travel to the beach with friends.

    ReplyDelete