Friday, September 26

Reasons For Every Seasons (September 26, 2008)


It is rare in this ever-busy world to find people who will make an impact to our lives in small and big ways. Most of us will be scurrying to go on our business being unmindful of the people and circumstances around us. Majority would probably agree that they didn’t even see the beauty of the sunshine or the majestic colours of the sunset every dusk.

I have no known reason why I ended up being a teacher. It was an accident at the start before it became a motivation to achieve. Now, it is on its journey towards self-actualization. I am beginning to see the many reasons for my being a teacher and being in another country.

With this wonderful friend of mine, our meeting was no accident at all, it was faith. I remember her lending me some of her household things to make myself a home in my new found environment. Then, she helped me survive the harsh realities of working where prejudice exists and taught me to believe in myself as a person. Again and again, she comforted my inner soul whenever I was lost and drowning in tears. This year, she is my present motivator at the workplace and is a joy to work with. Her presence is reason enough to be happy, to be thankful and to be at peace with myself.

But all things come to an end. She will be taking absence to heal her failing health. It was saddening to me but I look at the situation as her determination to continue with her positive and unwavering spirit. That is, to restore her health so that she can continue with what she does well, to positively touch people’s lives.

So when things come along our way, there are reasons for them. God is never sleeping as He gives us ways to discover ourselves through our daily dealings with what is explainable and what cannot be easily understood. It is in having faith that we get to see the reasons for every seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment