Friday, August 21

First Impression


Mrs. Morgan's Lawn tells the story of a little boy who has lost countless balls to the mysterious lawn of Mrs. Morgan. She was seen as a mean lady who kept her lawn immaculately clean so she hated returning any balls that lands on her lawn. When the boy's most favourite ball falls prey to her lawn, he was forced to go and talk to her. Thus the surprising ending.

We have our immediate opinions and impressions about people. I had been told to be stern looking at all times. I was also told to be very funny. Some people even mentioned that I am so polite and friendly. There were varying impressions about me and I make varying impressions about people.

There were illustration in the book that made me laugh when I read the words and saw the pictures. It reminded me of myself in some way. It reminded me of the way I think about people. It reminded me of how I ended making judgment about others. It reminded me not to make final judgment based on something tangible.

What makes me alive is when people gives me a chance to prove my worth, basing not on physicality but on the inner values I carry: the sincerity to be a true friend, the gentleness of a dedicated mentor, and the desire to grow with the people I cherish and love.

2 comments:

  1. tsk. tsk.
    Can you still remember that story I shared about that big guy in the gym who I thought would eat me? Didnt I say NEVER JUDGE OTHERS in that post Mr. Athan? hmmmm....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know but my human kindness can always fail. I can be bitchy sometimes and worst, judgmental. How's the big guy though? I supposed he left you alone since you are still alive, lol!

    ReplyDelete