Monday, August 10

Steps

On this day a child starts
A meticulous journey of wonder
To begin, to seek and depart
Life in school to meander.


Greetings abound, politeness
Friendships to build, so tight
Think, share, what brightness
Explore learning sweet delights.

The walk curtails ups and downs
The path sometimes, uneven
Beseech the knowing crown
Stand tall, go straight, hard driven.

It's not the road but the journey
That makes the way so great
The passing torch, the magic key
Flooding wisdom through the gates.

Life is sweet but so dictates
Some things may seem so harsh
Embrace, believe, make mistakes
Hold, fight, immunity to crash.

Through the months glorify
Of characters and minds
Embrace the end, magnify
An exit, worthy and spellbind.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers accompanying that soulful poem (ahem!).

    Do you have a bonsai Mr Athan? I had 3 and all of them died. sigh... Got no green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I do not have any bonsai at home. I have giants and because I have not been trimming most, I live in a jungle now. You might not have a green thumb, but you save lives.

    Thanks for the compliment. The flowers did bloom well because I took care of them everyday. Once you leave the buds, they will be eaten by worms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [Life is sweet but so dictates
    Some things may seem so harsh
    Embrace, believe, make mistakes
    Hold, fight, immunity to crash.]

    i'll take this to help me get through my dilemmas i'm enduring lately.

    thanks for your words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it takes steps as well to continue with life, cannot eb done abruptly.

    just like the beginning of the school year, we take one step at a time then I let them go.

    hold on Lucas, you are blessed!

    ReplyDelete