Sunday, November 8

A Lovely Letter


The measure of friendship is not the number of times we meet each day or the frequency of calls or chats we do in a week. When some consider the long absence of communication a sign of weakness or death, I consider the absence as an opportunity to revive and renew.

I received a thank you note recently from a friend and it is just a joy to get one from a fine teacher and person like him. The letter speaks of quality hence, this entry.

Dear Jonathan,
In the closing days of my stay in Thailand, I had a thoroughly enjoyable
and delightful evening in the company of a charming gentleman.


That was a lovely gesture for you to take me to dinner and the show at
Siam Niramit. Thank you. That is now ensconced as one of my treasured
memories. And thank you too, for the gift of the buffalo horn salad servers.
We eata lot of salads throughout summer so the thoughts of Jonathan
will never be far removed from my mind.


It really was a treasure to see you again. Though our meetings
are but once a year, I anticipate them eagerly for the warmth
and friendship they renew.


Always with love,
Stephen
P.S. Do please consider a holiday in Australia. My family and I would love to welcome you as our guest.

YOU'RE WELCOME!

3 comments:

  1. How nice it was to get your email. And how lovely it was to read my letter in your blog. You have magical ways of making friends feel warm all over.

    Hey, we had a salad with our dinner this evening and guess which attractive pair of salad servers we used. I should have taken a picture to send you but I will do that next time. Everybody loved them, so thank you again.

    Now, please remember, next trip it is my shout to take you to afternoon tea at the Oriental. Mind you that is a long time for you to wait for a cup of tea, heheheheh.

    Anyway, my beautiful friend Jonathan, I send you love all the way from Australia and hope that you are keeping in the best of health.

    Happy days.

    Love,

    Stephen.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Bheb, see, you ARE beautiful. At least Stephen and I share a vision of you. It IS real, and perhaps you were just too busy or blinded with unhappiness before to see it.

    And he sends his love! Well well well (balon balon balon). And no, I am not crippled with jealousy but instead happy and proud of you because contrary to your (you may contest this) low opinion of your person, you ARE a wonderful being and people regard you as a gift. And this proves that I chose the right person.

    So claim it, and step already into those shoes. Walk the world as a person Confident, Beautiful and A Gift. For you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even think of that word beautiful until i read your comment so I read Stephen's comment once again. Yes, he is a friend and a retired preschool teacher that's why the friendship. I don't see or talk to him anymore as I have not heard anything from him for quite some time.

    I will remember what you always tell me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete