Friday, November 13

Friday's Treat

Friday for me is my fave day of the week. I named it my ice cream day. The reason is because I get to go to the nearest mall to get myself an ice cream, kind of a treat to myself for being a good person.

The rewards I seek are simple: a pat for a job well done, a simple thank you note, a smile from a colleague, a warm hug from a lost friend and others. I treat myself to an ice cream, or a bar of chocolate or a movie. I reward myself of a day's rest or a weekend's retreat to the beach. Simple rewards in everyday situations and not wanting more.


Some rewards are yearned. I do miss the times when I opt for the weekends because I get to be with friends. I do miss the times when I opt for Sundays because I get to do some Christian missions. I do miss being with my friends and the story is different now.


While I grow older and reward myself with less things, I am learning that living is not about accumulating wealth but by living it wisely. Just like a child, a small rewarding experience is better than being given a bulky present for good behaviour. If we somehow train a child to get what he wants all the time, then we do not give justice to his or her upbringing. If we provide just what is needed, then problems would be more manageable as a child grows. It will always be a conflict between wants and needs.


Yes! I like Fridays but I like the other days of the week too. Each and every day is a goal oriented day whether there is a reward to be collected or not. Overall, it stems up just being simple in needs yet living a fruitful and satisfying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment