Tuesday, November 17

The Secret Life of Jonathan Yu

A colleague who happens to be a good friend is back and she is still full of zest and enthusiasm. I have not seen her for many years and she has been away from the e-mailing thingy since then.

Before she left for the US, she asked my permission to write a book and told me that she'll be giving the book the title, The Secret Life of Jonathan Yu. I was intrigued because my friend does not know much about me but she made mentioned that she was just going to use my name because it sounds fascinating for a title.

Anyway, I thought of this when I met her again and through my mind, the ideas had been running like crazy. What is there to write if I actually have a secret life. Could it be my brush with accident and death in many different instances? Could it be my unconsummated affairs from the past? Could it be the many stories shared to me by strangers and how open they were to me? Could it be the invitations to meet new people and the offer to marry some strangers? Could it be the encounters I had with robbers, hired women, and cabbie drivers?

Our secret lives are feasts to others whether they are weaved by gossips or truthful events. Our secret lives proves the duality of living something we are interested into and something we dare to try. We are not dictated by the society to act like what they want us to behave. We dare not defy the law nor aim to please others but we live our lives because we wanted to live worthily and be happy.

The Secret Life of Jonathan is already written in this blog. Though sometimes it takes some layers to peel to truly understand my thoughts and innermost feelings. As one enters this realm of understanding someone else's thoughts, the revelations can merit different reactions. Simple yet fulfilling.

1 comment:


  1. If you do solve this small mystery - whether or not this book got done, finished, and published, or if not, you get to write it yourself - send word.

    I would love a copy. =D

    ReplyDelete