Friday, October 3

And There's No Stopping Jonathan

After all those summer trips, I embarked on another short sojourn and this time in the provinces of Chantaburi, Sra Kaeo and Nakhon Nayok. Although the weather was cloudy at that time, I proceeded to a resort on a weekday, a Monday to be exact, and guess what, nobody's there. I was able to enjoy the sights and sounds of the violent waters, the howling wind, and the bed weather. I was scared at first but once I lay my head on a pillow, I'm off to slumber.






Part of the resort, deserted and weather beaten.

The next day, I went to the border of Thailand and Cambodia to scout things at the market. There were a lot of people as the area was a trading place for goods between the two countries. The items were basically the same as the one found in Thai markets. I was just baffled as I cannot guess who among the people are Thais or Cambodians but it wasn't important. The best thing was being able to visit this important location after travelling hundreds of kilometres in one day. 









River Resort and Spa
Afterwards, I was at the province of Sra Kaeo enjoying the resort where I stayed. It was painted in pink but interspersed with artworks all over the facilities. It is a small boutique hotel but looked elegant from inside and outside. I enjoyed my stay what with the rain that romanticized the evening for me. I mean, I cannot go anywhere. I was stuck in bed with my iPad. 





Pool shaped like the number 9

A place for a picnic

Never say never and off I visited Sirika Waterfalls the next day in Nakhon Nayok. Located in Sarika sub-district, the nine-tier waterfall plunges down a cliff onto a forested hillside, and has large pools at each tier. However, it wasn't a day or the season for bathing or for a swim as the water was in its strongest. The weather makes it impossible for people to enjoy the cold waters. One can enjoy feeding the hundreds and thousands of large fish though.








Cascading fresh mountain water for your eyes only.

Connecting bridge

Alongkorn Chedi Pagoda
(The Alongkorn Chedi is made of laterite and was built in 1876 to commemorate the visit
of King Rama V and Queen Sunantha Kumareerat.)

Pranang Rue Lom Pyramid
(contains some of the ashes of Queen Sunanta Kumareerat
who drowned in the Chaopraya River in a boating accident.)

Care to swim?

Or ride a horsie?
Giddiyup! Off to another trip!
Bye!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like fun to me. I haven't been there but i've always wanted to. I thought the culture is so rich and i'd love to explore the wonders of it. Nice post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang bagsik mo Sir Jo hehehe. Wala talagang makapipigil sa 'yo.
    Ano kaya yung feeling dun sa resort na pinuntahan mo, naging exclusive para sa iyo :)

    Ang cute naman nung pool na parang no. 9 :)
    At nakakatakot yung waterfalls...

    Nakakatuwa naman yung 'Alongkorn' parang naalala ko bigla yung Angkor Wat, bakit ba ganun ang mga itsura nila sir Jo? (kala mo estudyante kung makatanong lols)

    Akala ko may fish kill dun sa tubig na puno ng mga itim na isda hehehe.

    Sir Jo, nasaan ang pamosong jump shot mo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang saya naman dun sa beach resort, solong solo nyo hehe. Kaya siguro walang tao kase medyo gloomy ang panahon.

    At ang ganda nung water falls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so paano ba yan ikaw na ang tunay na nagout shine kay dora hindi na ako yun ha ahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jon! OOOOHHHH! I want to go there too.

    Nine tie falls? Wow!

    So, you can swim in those pools with the schools of large fish? Can you fish there too?

    So beautiful.

    By the way, are you fluent with Thai?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ japaneseadobo,

    The beauty of being in Thailand is that I appreciate what we have back home. It is just unfortunate that it is not as easy to travel and as safe when I am in the Philippines. Thanks for the visit.

    @jep,

    Nakakatakot sa gabi kasi nga alam mong walang tao at maalon ang dagat, masungit ang panahon at umaalung long ang hangin. Eh kung magahasa ako, walang makakarinig, lol!

    Matutulis ang mga structure kasi they point to the sky, para duon ang paroroon natin. Oks lang magtanong basta ba may sagot at kung wala naman, eh di tanungin si pareng google.

    Jump shot ba kamo, eh di namatay ako sa waterfalls, bigla na lang akong pag piwestahan ng mga isda, that's a fish kill!

    @ fiel,

    Masyang malungkot dahil nga walang tao. But I took that opportunity to have peace even for a day. Ganda nga nung waterfalls, kaya lang sa dami ng isda nakakatakot magbabad, baka maging piranha yung mga yun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Rix,

    Oo na ako na ang makabagong Dora, ang dukhang Dora dahil sa dami ng lakad, naubusan ng pondo. But everything is worth it. I love travelling and hopefully one day makasama kita dahil wagas sa saya ka sigurong kasama.

    @ Lili,

    You could swim but the thing is that they'll probably bite your skin off. There are just so many of them. You could fish them but it is sacred for Buddhist people to catch them and eat them since it is near a sacred place, then no.

    It is such a beautiful place that's why I share them through this blog. I want to remember every places I visit. Yes and no, with Thai fluency. I can speak the language but I speak it fluently when I am super cross. That's why nobody dares make me angry. He,he,he.

    ReplyDelete