Friday, October 31

Seven Flowers, Seven Life Lessons

About 500 kilometres and almost six hours of travelling, I finally reached my destination with a sore back and an empty stomach. Though reeling from a bad cough, it wasn't a big deal when I saw the beauty that surrounded me. Taking some shots of several flowers within the vicinity made me see life as something to be grateful for, so I dedicate each flower I encountered to write this positive post.



Fuchsia

The flowers remind me of grace, as in simple elegance, of refinement. I am no longer a young lad and I wanted to grow in grace. I wanted to be better in my speech, in my dealings, in my friendship, and in my own personal viewpoints. 




Rose

The flower reminds me of amicability. Rising above, it gives a certain scent to the air that invites insects such as the bee to meander in its presence. I wanted to seek peace and be in a place where I can live in solemnity yet still be visible to friends so they can come for a visit. 




Cape Honeysuckle

The flowers remind me of exuberance, of blood and how it runs into our system to make us energized, to make us alive. I still wanted to find things that will give me the sparks, the thrills, the challenges but also acknowledging less stress and constraint. Maybe, a walk with God will suffice my need.




Mexican Aster

The flower reminds me of simplicity, not only in its beauty, but also of its existence. Don off the material wealth that eats up our being. Shun things that ruins our behaviour and attitude towards a meaningful existence. Life should be led with simplicity, not frivolities.




Dayflower (maybe?)

The flowers remind me of choices, either good or bad. We made bad choices but we get to put them on the right track with some help. Be it our words, our actions, or our decisions, we make choices because of our free will. Hopefully, we get to make better choices because we are enlightened, not pressured.




Madagascar Periwinkle

The flowers remind me of direction, of symmetry as the undulating lines of the petals flow from one direction to the next. That life is a series of ups and downs, of circles and ripples, of motion and change. And within our own movement, we charge others with our actions. I want to be a mover, maybe a shaker, so that I can be a contributor to the society.




Angel's Trumpet

The flower remind me of awakening, of tolling bells that keep reminding us that we should be grateful. Complaining is easier and a part of us but mere complaints with no actions to change is simply a lost in this game called life. Let the bells be constantly heard,  to wake us up from deep slumber and to mark a new beginning of our chosen path. 



And now I leave you one bunch of flowers to say your piece. 



Have a great weekend, my friends!

18 comments:

  1. All of them looks equally beautiful Sir!!!You are an amazing photographer! Another inspiring post from you, this made my day :)

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang galing naman sir Jo!

    Hindi ko maisip kung paano nanggaling o kung paano mo nahugot ang mga realizations na iyon about life mula sa mga larawan ng bulaklak.

    Salamat sa pagbahagi ng iyong mga "words of wisdom" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cristine, Cristine,

    Thank you for the lovely comments. I try to see the flowers in different angles and take their beautiful symmetry, colours, and fragility. Though I do not have the tools to take superb photographs, my hand me down camera works wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaibigang Jep,

    Malalim talaga akong mag-isip at minsan ay nalulunod sa aking mga ideya. When I saw the flowers right on the spot, I knew what to do with them. I always like the metaphors of things, even the language, or the viewpoints we all held. I do a lot of interpretations but i wanted to be immersed with my own so that I can learn from them.

    Salamat sa komentong nakakataba ng puso.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me reflect on my life as well. Hehe. Wonderful shots... and a more wonderful post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. My turn!

    Do not spread yourself too thin. Set priorities. Focus on quality than quantity.

    I sincerely love this post, Jon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this for many reasons.

    First, I got to know the name of those flowers. I see some of them everywhere, yet I dont know their names.

    Second, this made me miss my lola's home. I should visit her and lolo soon. Again :)

    Third, every flower is a reminder. A reminder that no matter how challenging life maybe, after every storm, a flower will bloom.

    Fourth, my fave flower out of these 7 is the Mexican Aster. Truly, life is simple. No matter what.


    *cyberhugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're getting deeper and deeper everytime. I could see Adele rolling there. #epistaxis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing photos. Ang gaganda ng flowers. and the analogy and realizations for each photo, brilliant. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jhanz,

    Reflection is good and we learn more things about ourselves when we look deeper. Thanks for the wonderful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ms. Lili,

    Thanks for the additions. True, focus on quality than quantity, so apt for the orchid flowers. Thanks for the lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi cher Kat,

    Good that there are learnings picked from this post. I do like flowers and their symbolism, thus the post. Yes, it is also a reminder of our personal encounters and the day to day things we see around us. Find time to visit lola and lolo, they must be missing you. Thanks for the cyberhugs, hugging you back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Olivr,

    Sending you a spade for digging, or a tissue perhaps? Thanks for the visit. You are far more eloquent than me and I admire your writings very much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Japanese Adobo,

    Thanks for the wonderful comments. Amazing and brilliant eh, he,he,he.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello sir Jo!
    Sorry for the very late response/visit :)

    Refreshing talaga sa pakiramdam ang makakita ng fresh flowers. Nakakapawi ng stress at karamdaman.

    Sana magaling na kayo from your cough. Ako eto, bangenge mode dahil sa sipon. urgh!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Complaining is easier and a part of us but mere complaints with no actions to change is simply a lost in this game called life."

    This is my favorite part of your post because it hit me hard. I am the type of person who complains a lot. I realized more than once to stop complaining because it doesn't do any good. It doesn't get the work done.

    The last photo makes me think of unity. It makes me think of people who band to use their talents to do good deeds. The result is of their unity is beauty.

    I'm glad to visit your blog again. It's been a long time. My blog silence is over now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @fiel,

    No worries. Yang cough and then sipin ko eh from this trip since biglang nagbago ang weather when I was there. Kumakain ako and then you can see the fog coming and blurring everything. Then the rain came, and then the cold wind. And then the ubo and the allergy, hay...

    Refreshing talaga. Kung malamig lang sa city, magtatanim ako ng maraming bulaklak.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Ish,

    Tama, complaining is part of us pero kung sumobra, nakakasama rin. Mala complain din ako in a different way, para may action. Marami kasing tamad dito, ha,ha,ha.

    Unity makes the world better and your words to describe the last bunch of flowers is so apt. Thanks for the descriptions.

    ReplyDelete