Tuesday, September 30

Revisited, My Taiwan Eating Adventure

There are countries that intimidates me and there are countries where I feel at home and this is where Taiwan is, in my heart, home. This is my second time in Taiwan and it feels like going back to a place with no fear and anxiety. It is like I am from there. 

After dropping off at Taipei Main Station by an airport shuttle, I immediately went to find a place to eat as I was famished. With my halting Chinese, I ordered a set of noodles and waited for my queue number to be called. It was one delicious meal. 

Thus this post is about some of the meals I had during my short stay in Taiwan. Enjoy the pictures! Bon appetit!


Japanese Noodle with Tempura



Mia Cucina

Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Salad

Salmon Sandwiches

I partook some breakfast at Mister Donut and since it was named Mister Donut, I ordered for some donuts. Lo and behold, they also serve noodles. I wonder if Mister Donut will be as unique in Thailand so I could get my papaya salad in there.

Mister Donut Logo

Hot Noodles for Breakfast
A trip to the province prompted me to buy packed lunch at the train station and this was the best meal ever. Priced at only 50NT, this was a treat!

Rice with Three Kinds of Toppings
While on the MRT, I happened to meet someone that I helped toured in Bangkok some months ago. Small world indeed so we all went to a restaurant famous for its eccentric decors but earth friendly furniture.

Chicken with Cashew Nuts

Rice with Sweet Potato

Sweet and Sour Beef

At Five Pence Restaurant
After all the Japanese and Chinese food I had been eating throughout summer, I longed for pancakes so I took the liberty to have a delicious breakfast at McDonald's.

McDonald's Pancakes
Lunch time at the park was a breeze with these easy meal combination. Plum juice complimented the salty but tasty 'siopao' or steamed buns. 

Steamed Pork Buns and Plum Tea

The beauty of being outside one's comfort zone is the challenge of being alone, being brave, being adventurous, and being comfortable with what he or she have. My eating adventure gave me satisfaction, comfort, and nourishment. My revisiting Taiwan gave me a chance to be one with the locals, aside from meeting my relatives and friends. It was a fitting end of my summer vacation. 

(This is a very late post, my last for my summer escapades.)

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! what a yummy adventure you had Sir!!! must try them too hahaha

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food.. yum yum :) :) I cant wait to visit Taiwan too

    ReplyDelete
  3. waah, ginutom ko dun sa japanese noodle and tempura XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you like MCdonalds pancakes? hmmmm.... they're not what you think they are. Hahahaha!

    My to-visit list is getting longer now. And eating adventure you say. Well for me that's like being in an orgy. hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cristine,

    Sort of the same way you blog about food and drinks and places to visit. It is more of an adventure and bonding rather than tasting the food here and there. I enjoyed the experience though.

    Simon,

    It would be a breeze for you since you speak the language. You can get the best food when you can actually converse with the locals especially in local restos.

    Japaneseadobo,

    Go, go. PAL fare is not that bad and it is not a long journey from Manila.

    Fiel,

    Wala na siguro yung gutom mo kasi ang tagal kong mag comment sa comments, busy lungs!

    Mr. Tripster,

    Food orgy, especially when you have friends with you. The more, the merrier! Food and company I mean.

    ReplyDelete