Friday, February 13

Somebody Loves You

Dreaded or loved, Valentine's Day has no meaning to me. It is just an ordinary day but can become special if I wanted it to be. I remembered reading a short book for children written by Eileen Spinelli about a man whose life turned unexpectedly when he received a box of candies from the mail with a note that says, Somebody Loves You.

From being an introverted person, that special day gave him a different perspective in life. He changed into a vibrant man greeting everyone along the way to work, sharing the candies to others, helping his acquaintances, and eventually organizing a get-together with the neighbours complete with brownies and music. 

But the day came when the post officer arrived and apologized for that BIG mistake of sending the parcel to the wrong person. Mr. Hatch, the man who was fleeting on air everyday with enthusiasm and love, became heart-broken. He went back being a loner, aloof from his acquaintances and neighbours, and led a simple and routinary life just like before. 

The book has a very good ending and the neighbours decided to give him support and let him feel the love of the many somebodies who love Mr. Hatch. And just like me and you, there is somebody loving you (or cares for you!)


Happy Valentine's Day to all!


9 comments:

  1. Super agree naman ako sa last line "there is somebody loving you". Look up lang at makikita mo siya :)

    Happy V-day sir Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wag magmadali Mr. T, bata ka pa! Mayroon naman siguro pero hindi mo lang type. Hi,hi,hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I look up, mas matangkad ba siya sa akin, ha,ha,ha. Baka naman dapat look down, baka kasi maliit lang siya. Kidding aside, nandiyan lang siya Fiel, ibukas mo ang mga mata mo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. meron naman talaga :) Dahil marami din namang kinds of love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good, good, dahil mayroon si Cher Kat. Pang inggit ang mga roses sa FB, push mo yan! Ha,ha,ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you wrote this entry beautifully! truthfully, I really enjoy reading it. I just read this post 3 times, and I am about to do it one more time :D lol

    happy belated valentine's day to you, Jonathan!

    http://immekristiani.blogspot.com/
    From Bali, Indonesia - Imme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy hearts Day to you Imme and I am glad you like this post, a lot! I did enjoy reading the book and its storyline for all of us has a somebody. Wishing you a great somebody, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated happy Valentines to you. I don't know why I couldn't see your posts in my feeds:(
    Dropping by from other blog that I saw your name:)

    ReplyDelete