Thursday, October 1

I Spy

Twas a busy Saturday not because of my weekend tutorials but because of something pressing.  For weeks, I had been having trouble sleeping after six in the morning as I was always awakened by cooing sounds coming from the outside, of which I was mistaken.

As I live in a two storey house, I knew that my garden and the trees that surround were perfect for birds to settle in and thus became the home of these pigeons. But the cooing sounds were no longer blocked by the walls but it was emanating from the top.  Lo and behold, they had permanently made my ceiling a nesting ground.  Their cooing and coo-coo sounds were making me cuckoo.

So on this particular Saturday, two helpers came to fix the hole where the pigeons made as their door. A glass window broke thus making it accessible for the birds to go in and out at their wimps.  As the man was about to close the broken glass, I asked whether he can still see pigeons and he assured me that they were gone to probably look for food. 

I wasn't the trusting one so armed with a ladder, I took the liberty of pushing the gypsum boards in each room of the house to take a peek of whether they were still there or not.  I was being the spy one, lurking through crevices for clues or discoveries.  And when I did not see any flying birds, I gave the go signal to finally seal the window. 

I was filthy afterwards.  The dust, the ashes and the whatchamacallit thingies were on my head, my face, my shoulders, and all over my clothes.  And to think that I paid two workers to do the job but they left my house still tidy and clean.  I could have asked them to shower me, LOL!

Lesson learned: Have trust! Ha,ha,ha!

13 comments:

  1. Hahaha... You should have taken a photo of the nest or whatever youve seen in there... Oh birds!! We also have a small den reserved for the birds! Uncle would put some rice in there and the birds would start flocking on the rice for food. I have been trying to capture a photo, however, everytime I try to raise my arms to try, they would all fly away... I'm not that good of a spy I guess.. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Their cooing and coo-coo sounds were making me cuckoo."
    astig sir Jo na tongue twister,haha!

    Well, spying birds is quite hard. I also used to climb on our ceiling to check on the noises we usually hear during dusk, only to find upside-down bats with their young and all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Akala ko android apps ito lolz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha to Jep!

    Cher Kat, a monopod would be good for this. I can maybe shoot pictures even without focusing since i do not even know where the birds were.

    What happened to the bats Froi? Did you shoo them away?

    Hindi ako techie Rix, walang apps ito, human labour po ito!

    ReplyDelete
  5. had a good laugh, devilish laugh specifically. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had the same situation before. Robins built their nest by the window in our bedroom. The birds woke up early. So kainis when I went to sleep in especially on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It reminds me of the YouTube video showing a guy recording himself ng mga madaling araw para ipakita at iparinig sa viewers nya yung mockingbird na may nest malapit sa bintana ng kwarto nya... sobrang ingay daw kasi haha..

    I wonder kung saan ulit mamumugad yung mga ibon Sir Jo hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jonathan. You are so funny and I like the way you think.
    These birds would often leave the tiny bug insects flying inside your house which could be hazardous to our health besides causing itchiness to our scalps.
    Perhaps you might want to build a pigeon home at the corner of your house like how the Americans do. They welcome birds and deers to their gardens while we would always fence our gardens instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buti sir Jo di nagkalat ng poopoo nila ung mga pigeons dun sa ceiling mo :D

    Masarap sa pandinig ung chirping ng mga ibon lalo na sa umaga :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. kawawa naman mga pigeons! Nawalan ng nest hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ ambot - sobrang hassle since I cannot sleep longer and the bad thing, they are still there. Mayroon sigurong ibang butas!

    @oliver - good you had a laugh even if it is devilish, har,har,har! I wonder how an angelic laugh would sounds like.

    @lili- Robins! You could have called batman! I used to have bats at the other side of the house but they were all gone, hu,hu,hu.

    @blue - they are back! I do not know how but I hear them everyday. I also think they are becoming aggressive. I can hear the knock, knock sound made by their beaks!

    @twilight - I am a funny guy but these pigeons are making me nuts! I am not worried about those bugs since I can hear them again. I have four mango trees for them to live in but I guess, it is more comfy to stay inside the house. :(

    @fiel- napansin ko nga yung mag poopoo that's why I asked for some help. Natakpan lang ang butas pero mayroon pa sigurong ibang butas. These pigeons do not chirp that's one thing I can attest, ha,ha,ha!

    @ mar - mas kawawa ang nakatira sa loob ng bahay, wala na siyang rest!

    ReplyDelete