Friday, October 9

Sunday Morning in Talan

Sunday is probably the only day of the week where I want to sleep longer but not this certain Sunday. Waking up at five in the morning, I went on a trip to visit a certain temple in Phra Nakorn Ayuthaya province as per invitation.

We visited a temple called Wat Laat Chit and it is about two hours away from the city of Bangkok. Tucked in the outskirt with green fields along the road, Waat Laat Chit is certainly famous to the locals and not a touristy trail.  I couldn't find any articles on the web about this temple. 

As everyone were gathered around a monk waiting for their 'verdicts', I took the opportunity to walk around and shoot some photographs. Later, when I met them again, I heard they were all told that this year is not an auspicious year for all of them and that they need to do offerings for three weeks. There was a certain doubt creeping in my veins as I hear their stories.

Anyway, allow me to walk you through the vicinity of the sprawling temple. 







Altar Galore!


Monks'  Quarters




The temple where prayers are done is surrounded by lotus shaped structure that symbolizes good overpowering evil. And in each single petal of the lotus flower stands a sculpture of a diety or saint. 













The temple ground is not just a haven for monks and Buddhist followers.  It is also home to some trees and flowers with religious significance. 



While I was exploring the bridge that connects the temple to a local community compound, I was mesmerized by the zooming dragonflies that hovered over my head and around me. They were not oblivious of my presence and continued to swirl and fly back and forth and in different directions.


And the wait for the third prayer ceremony to finish came to an end after being there for six hours. Doing nothing but to wait was draining.  I envied the cat who laid down on the empty table to while away its Sunday. 


Happy weekend!


7 comments:

  1. Ano pala sir Jo yung bunga na kulay brown? nakakain ba yun?hehe

    Buti pa talaga si Muning, ansarap ng higa. Happy weekend sir Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimings! Hihihi.

    Once an early-riser always an early-riser :) I miss this Sunday's church but I do look forward to this lunch with Family once they come home from church.

    This place looks serene and worth all the walks. The lotuses look so extravagant plus its pink. Haha.

    I cant wait for my own getaway next Sunday. My supposed to be first out of the country trip next month has been cancelled. So, might as well enjoy things and places around me just like what you do :) :)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eto na naman tayo sa prutas. The fruit is called a Bodi fruit. It is edible but not as many have tried it because of its smell. According to the web, the Bodi fruit is primarily used as an additive to chicken feeds because of its healthy content. I have heard and tasted Sala, but I do not know if this is the same of not. The sala I ate is prickly. This one is rounded. Must be a different one.

    Oo nga, I envy muning since I cannot find a nice spot to actually lie down and rest. The area is conducive for naps, however, I am afraid the walking monks might wake me up and say, "You're not in the prayer room!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice Cher Kat! Life is short so go! And tell us about your escapades in your blog so I can also drool on the pictures and whip myself for not being there. There are so many beautiful places in the Philippines so might as well enjoy them.

    Sorry for that first intern travel but there is always a next time and the right time. Happy weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pangarap ko talaga makabisita sa isang templo.. i just want to know how it feels like... usually kasi yung mga temples they are depicted to be very serene di ba... I saw some temples sa Binondo kaso sobrang crowded at ingay nung place
    Thanks for touring us around Sir Jo ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Blue,

    I visited a Chinese temple once along Jose Abad Santos and it was deserted. Maybe because I went in the afternoon. Temples in here are also teeming with people but once you go during an ordinary day, the crowd is less.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have visited Ayuddhaya once with my wife and parents. You are absolutely right that it is not known to tourists who often flocked to see the ruins instead. This temple is beautiful and interesting with a monk who reads fortune. I am always obsessed with fortune telling until I managed to read other palms now.

    ReplyDelete