Tuesday, December 29

Words of Appreciation

How I wish everyday is the Christmas Season so that I get to hear nice comments from the parents of my students.  But I am not going to complain because I do hear them from children everyday.

I am honoured once again to receive a card and signed by all the parents in my class.  This is a first, as this has all comments and well wishes from each parent. 

Allow me to share-







You are the most amazing teacher! We appreciate everything you do! - Boudreaux family

We feel very fortunate that you are Nara's teacher two years in a row. Thanks so much for everything. - Brenden family

Teacher Jonathan, you light up the kids' life! - Udagawa family

We are so grateful to have a wonderful teacher. - Pubudumuni family

Thanks for everything! - Phisuthikul family

You have no idea how much we feel lucky that Chris have you as his teacher for two years. I cannot say thank you enough for all the care you have given to my child. I don't have enough space to explain my gratitude as you can see. - Lertsmithivanta family

Thanks for everything you teach the kids. - Wignum family

We are so grateful to have such a wonderful teacher for these kids.
Trahan family

Thank you for being a best friend to David. We are very happy to see him happy at school. -  Hong family

Thank you so much for everything you have done for Bin. - Huong family

Keep up the great job! The students love your magic. -Williamson family

And aside from a wonderful card and a flowering plant also comes something special.  What wonderful families and thank you. 

Have a great year everyone! 

13 comments:

  1. Wow, how cool !
    So bro, you are being appreciated and that is what makes us feel good ! Children love unconditionally and no bad soul can trick a child to love, they will spot a fake from miles. Unfortunately, we lose that faculty when we grow.
    Good post and be prepared to celebrate New year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of them to do that :) This makes me feel how most of our teachers in the Philippines are so under-appreciated yet overworked

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rajiv,

    A new parent in my class asked me this year why children love me and I just smiled. It is really nice to be appreciated that I get to bring more in my teaching. This sharing is by far one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Simon,

    I even make my own materials when I was teaching in Manila and the salary was ample enough for food. Here, though the work is ridiculously difficult in my school, it is the appreciation and words that make it worthwhile to stay. What makes this post special is because the parents are from different countries and cultures. There was no discrimination evident in my previous posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Jonathan! You deserve it as you always placed your heart and sweat into educating the kids. The thankful words expressed by the parents are so genuine and so touching. If I were you, I would have cried rivers and buckets of tears of joy. Probably I would not be able to sleep for 3 nights too, gazing at the Thank You card.

    My wife was not that lucky as she last taught at the most prestigious and expensive private university where the wealthiest kids of the bitchiest mothers attended. To cut the long story short, it was unspeakable hell about that varsity and horrendous parents. What went wrong, I don't know but I blame the school for being slaves to the parents because they pay about minimum 500K bahts a year for the fees. They even give out evaluation forms to all the kids every semester (4 times yearly) to give biased, unfair and lopsided ratings and comments on every single lecturers! This varsity is the only of its kind who practises voodoo management yet it attracted the Obama recently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi TM,

    I looked at the card for some days trying to read and re read every word written on it. The card itself is impressive since I do like pop up art. The difference bwteen my class with your wife is that I am teachi g oreschool age children with mostly some of the sweetest parents ever. We actually have a strict admission rule and we decide whether we will accept a child or not based on many factors. If we know the parents well, they get in easily.

    I taught in a Chinese school, two local schools and three international ones and I can say that I get different things from each. The most difficult was when I taught for a semester in a local Philippine school because the parents were not as supportive. The Chinese parents gave me everything I needed: food, clothing, chocolates, and others. The international parents gave me the support morally and mentally. while teaching in a Thai school was hard work, it was fun when you get to know them later.

    Your wife's university is run by the parents and they will do anything because of the mentality that they are paying high tuition. Sometimes, teaching affluent families is difficult esp for those who are nouveau riche. The only thing I can suggest is a strict admission procedure to spearate those that are deserving to stay and those who are there only for prestige. Money can buy education but learning cannot be bought, we have to work hard for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ang saya! :)
    Na-imagine ko rin kung ano kaya mararamdaman ko kapag mga parents naman ang nagsulat sa akin ng ganito :) Pero mukhang malabo naman dahil ilang parents lang ang nakakausap ko at nagpapasalamat minsan, pero iba talaga ang feeling nyan :)

    Advance happy new year sir Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas, Jon, and a Happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jep,

    Appreciative rin naman ang mga older students. I still remember my high school teachers and some elementary ones for two reasons: either they were super nice or terror to the max. The in- betweens are forgotten. Saan ka diyan?

    Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suvarna,

    Welcome and thanks! Will back read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Ms. Lili,

    I hope you are feeling much better. Happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are loved as always and forever!

    Nakakamiss na din yung ganitong feeling.. Hihihi... Soon!!! By the universe's command :D

    ReplyDelete