Tuesday, December 1

Worth Waiting For

All my past Sundays were either spent on bed nurturing vertigo or trips to the hospital for check ups so this week, my Sunday was indeed ordinary since I was in the garden for a change.  I water the garden at night and I do not really see the condition of each and every potted plant as it was quite dark.  Besides, I am dead tired every night that what is left of my remaining strength is used for holding a hose and watering them down. That is gardening 101 for me.



hatched and unhatched eggs
I was busy pruning, repotting, and adding soil when I noticed my beautiful climber which once graced the corner of the pond with magnificent drapes of flowers pestered with insects. I was crestfallen to see such state but on further inspection, the climber alone is an authentic example of life cycle in action.  



chrysalis


Nestled among its leaves are eggs, chrysalis and caterpillars.  It was a sight to behold.  I remembered leaving a certain tree in my house for this purpose and while they are standing side by side, both plants helped the healthy growth of these little critters.  








caterpillar

I let them be.  

As I always wanted something pretty to look at, there will come a time that the flowering climber will shed its beauty and be home for other insects. After some time, it will become vivid again in its colour. The changing weather will bring forth its lovely and welcoming flowers.  For now, I only have to wait.

Life throws us lemons and I will make lemonades with them.  My current situation is not healthy and toxic, yet I will make each day something worth waiting for

9 comments:

  1. It is good that you understand the life and its cycles to appreciate the nature around you. As for some Thais, the insects would end up in their woks with some Nam Prik. Aroy mak.

    Are you kidding that you have vertigo? I suffer from that like 1-2 times yearly. It made my world spin in circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are the hairy and itchy types so I guess people will just smash them rather than eat them. I will now observe how they change to butterflies. It was my first time to see the world spins and would like it to be the last. I hate flying so having vertigo while flying will make hate it more and I wanna go somewhere:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to drag the days to be over.. At the moment, I am telling myself to take things slow. That is also one thing my boss had told me, I know what to do, how to solve an issue but I seem to jump into it and always in a hurry.. I have to take things one at a time.

    Toxic as always, yet we try to face the new day with positivity. We never give up on ourselves, on life and whatever the day will bring no matter how good or bad, it's always waiting for, it's meant to be.

    Thank you for this post and for the cyberhugs :D I badly need that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *it's always worth waiting for because there will always be lesson on it and to it..... *

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that things will be ok, if not solved immediately. I read your email and it does make sense on what you are trying to accomplish in a short time. However, not all the time the stars will be in your side, as there will be dark clouds and cold winds that will come by. Pray, and wait. All the best to you Cherkat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your words never fail to inspire me Sir! I can definitely relate to how you feel about your plants. I feel the same way to my students' as well. Sometimes I get frustrated on how different they are to what I want them to be but somehow, I know hat they will soon grow into beauty on their own. I probably just have to wait. Pretty sure they are worth waiting for :)
    p.s your optimism is contagious Sir!
    Thank you :)

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fruits of your labour will manifest themselves when they are already away from your hands. The course of time will make them strong based on how you molded them. All the best to you Cristine as you are on the right path.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sawasdee Krub Khun Jonathan, your worms have turned into butterflies and flown away!!
    Time to update your blogs. The walls are growing cobwebs now! 555555

    ReplyDelete