Monday, April 18

Beef? Sir

I never like airplane rides and I can list the many reasons why.  As a solo traveler, I am always relegated either at the end of the plane for seating arrangement or in the middle.  I would always ask for an aisle seat but still gets the last rows.

I did booked seats on line and have some opportunities to be seated near the middle part of the plane. Anyway, food is served not from the back but from certain seat numbers.  For the last five flights I had this year, I usually get nothing of a choice for food.  The flight attendants would apologize with a smile telling me there is no longer a choice, it's FISH we will be serving you.

I eat fish, but I don't like the smell of fish on board. I feel like throwing up. My nose is sensitive to certain smell while I am traveling. So when my fellow humans started opening the flap of their food, I am already busy stuffing my nose with an inhaler.  Quick, whip, sniff!

Then during my last flight I was already hearing the attendants to the passengers, 'We have beef or fish for lunch.'  OMG, here comes the food and since I am seated in the middle, I will get beef. I WILL GET BEEF!

Just one row before me, I can hear the attendant saying, 'Sorry, we have no more beef, we have fish.'  Shut the front door, I am going berseck.  

Just one row, one row of two more people. Goodness gracious, how unlucky I am of flights.  I better get out of here. Oh, it's a plane so I stayed calm.

Then the most handsome person in the world came with a tray of food of which the plate is covered with gold foil. Beef! Beef! I mean the food, not the man! He stopped in front of me. (Not really in front as there was a seat.)  LOL!

With a smile and those beautiful dreamy eyes, he said the most amazing words I have ever heard, 
'Would you like my beef, sir?
Oh sorry my friends, he meant, 
"Would you like beef, sir?
I gave him a smile rather than a jubilant jump for joy, which I cannot do because I am strapped by a seatbelt.

Slowly, I unwrapped the cover of the food tray and it was a miracle.  I have beef and I ate them all. I offered the other things to my fellow passenger/seatmate but she refused.  Then the ice cream came for dessert.  I peeled the cover and when I jabbed the wooden spoon in the ice cream, I couldn't dig in.  It was harder than plastic. My knight in shining armour came to the rescue and said, 
'It's really hard now, can you wait for it to melt a bit.'

Ha,ha,ha, duh to the 100th power. But all things end well with help from this wonderful young man, the man who gave me the last beef on flight PR 730. 

No comments:

Post a Comment