Thursday, April 14

Spring Growth

With the recent ongoings both personal and professional, the garden stood at a standstill as I bask in gloomy thoughts in the house.  Sundays, which are my days of wonder and commune with nature, became dark clouds in the beginning of spring.

While sweeping the lawn had been assigned to as part of my evening chores, it had not been oblivious to me that the climber at the back of the house is breaking loose.  I knew that the branches and smaller limbs caresses me every night, as if tickling me to bring me to joy.  It was always dismissed as something nuisance rather than a friendly tap.

So one Sunday, I decided to break out of my tedious schedule and walked to the back of the house for an inspection.  Lo and behold Mother's nature grand welcome, a sprawling brood of leaves and vines.

It was welcoming as the colour shows vibrancy giving the garden a festive mood.  However, it is also the perennial love of bugs and caterpillars so the itchiness part could give my allergy a boost.  So what to do? 

I let it grow and will do so until the rain comes.  I am just wary of the harm it could do to my other plants.  I will, time permitting, trim those curly vines and luscious leaves so as to let sunshine passed trough the lower vegetation.  

When life is messy, we do no just wallow in a corner and mope.  We must do something with it.  As I am not in my greatest mood, there are now some great things happening in my personal being that simply cannot be dismissed.  I get to smile a bit, hope a bit, and feel better.  It is making me joyful.  For now, like the climber, I will let it grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment