Tuesday, April 26

Shy



I used to gather grass nearby our old house to feed the rabbits I had as pets. There was always an occasion for me to spot certain interesting things in my daily harvest. One of which is a plant called Mimosa Pudica or Sensitive Plant wherein the discovery of it closing by merely touching it fascinated me boundless at a very young age.

I am a very shy person since I was a little lad. I simply make excuses when asked to attend any social gatherings including our own.  I feigned illness during weekends when there was a scheduled visit to my relatives' home. I am socially challenged and I dreaded family get-together with aunts, uncles and cousins.  Though I love to see my grandparents, it was the ensuing conversation and questioning that pulverized me to a pulp.  I just do not have the temerity to answer back, always lost for words or afraid of judgmental remarks.  I was diffident, I shut myself off like a Sensitive Plant.


But time is healing me, making me open up to more safe situations.  I am anxious of big parties but I thrive in small ones.  I can even be the funny man or the source of joyful encounters.  I have plenty of stories to share and an exuberance to match.  This is within a smaller group though, like two or three.  


One day, the Mimosa Pudica in me will open and will never shut again.  It is in this state that I wanted to be known, or commended so I can be the change I wanted to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment