Wednesday, April 13

Visiting the Manila Cathedral



I was free after my morning errands so I decided to visit Intramuros. I was in Manila for two purposes of which I was able to accomplish in less than a day.  This gave me an opportunity to go back to my roots spiritually, as I visited the Manila Cathedral.  




The doors are important as my mum would always knock for good luck and most of our family pics were taken in front of these massive structure. 




Aside from my brother's wedding where we walked along the aisle as his best men, it was also reminiscent of my weekly queueing to receive the Holy Communion.  This was also where I attended numerous functions, and even met a high school friend who is now a heart surgeon.



It gave me joy to reminisce my first time to sing in a choir for the death anniversary of Monsignor Escriva as a member of Opus Dei.  The songs were all in Latin, a language I took way back in the university. 

It was a day of delight, a time of renewal, and a chance to reminisce.  It was a very rewarding day!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,Jonathan,
    You have posted such beautiful Cathedral. I am glad to know that your family has shared good memories about the Cathedral. What a good story that your mum would knock the door for good luck.You are an amazing person. You command Latin language too!

    ReplyDelete