Saturday, June 18

the old jonathan



Dear 'dy,

Once depressed and meandering, life was just a cycle of waking up, going to work, and sleeping.  It was monotonous and without any sense of direction.  There was one, that of death, to finish breathing and leave.  He was always writing of sadness, negative thoughts and death.  Then one day, he woke from his slumber because someone peeked, took time to meander and stayed. 

Our lives are like a walk in two different paths.  After encountering a lot of bumps and strings of challenges, we came into a fork and met.  We looked at each other’s eyes metaphorically, and ended sitting down for a big talk. 

You are a blessing for giving me something to look forward to.  Your words, your wisdom, your witty remarks and our exchanges are amazing.  You are sweet, loving and very endearing.  You gave me an opportunity to smile, something I have not done for a long time.  And that smile is something I will always cherish because I didn’t believe that I will be alive again.  You gave what others did not give.  You saw what others failed to see.  You accepted me for what I am, the sad person I was.

You changed me.  Not for the worst but for the better.  You made me see the world in a different light.  I walk through lightness and without the heavy weight anymore.  I stroll down with less baggages making it easier to move.  I dance in the rain because your love showers me in all directions.  

You needed to be appreciated.  You dig deep into my life and continues to be amazed as to what I can offer of which I am not even aware of.  Your presence lifts me up all the time.  Your calls are like batteries to a dying heart.  Your voice is my strength.  You push me up, not down, so that I can see myself as a confident, beautiful person. Thank you. 

I love you for coming into my life.  I am grateful for being given the chance to love you.  I am happy for what is transpiring. I am filled with joy when people see me as something new for that old Jonathan is simply vanishing. 


All because of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment