Monday, June 13

It's High Time

  Love, and love largely. 
When you decide to, do take the jump, this leap of faith.  
If you do get burned in this Ring of Fire in the end, 
you will, in the very least, look back, 
burned wings, singed hair, and all, 
and know that the Loving had been worth all.  
Plunge into it. 
Give it all you got. 
Do not keep safe, for this is where others fail.  
People worth having is never had without the risks, after all.
                                                                     
                                                                                 Ian



Flying back from Manila, I bumped into a friend whom I have not seen in almost 14 years. We exchanged notes and stories of late during the flight.  When the conversation came to relationships, she asked me why I never bothered to have one.  Due to her insistence, I smiled and nodded my head.

I told her I am, and very happy.  She told me that she noticed something since we started talking.  A certain aura, beaming, radiating through my smiles and dialogues.  But it was the twinkle in my eyes that betrayed me when I said I have no one. 

She was right!  And I noticed that my recent photograph (taken Friday evening)  is very different from the hundreds of pictures taken from all my travels.  This one is genuinely happy. 



Like the beginning of a new day, there it is, a hint of a smile. Time to be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment